Chapter Fifty-five: Like?

'...Do I have to wear this?' I asked as I stood in the dressing room the Imperial Highnesses brought me to.

"Celeste-sama, technically speaking you are a princess. Ball gowns should not bother you."  Hestia reprimanded me.

"But it's pink." I deadpanned.

"So? It suits you!" Ares said.

"No, it does not!"

"Celeste-sama, just please wear it." Hades shook his head. I mumbled words as I wore the dress given to me. It's not that I hate pink, I just don't think pink suits me.

 It's not that I hate pink, I just don't think pink suits me

I heard knocking on the door so I allowed them to come in. It was maids who were going to fix my makeup and hair. Though I told them to not do much since I was going to wear a mask anyway.

"Oh my! such a smooth bare face!" One maid gasped.

"I never knew their leader was such a beauty~"  One of the maids at the back whispered.

I can feel a blush creeping in my face as I wave those thoughts away. I can never take compliments without looking like a complete idiot.

After who knows how long, they were finally finished. I was shocked by how great it turned out, the makeup complimented my features, and the hairstyle frames my face.

I appreciate the fact that the Empress made sure that I can remove the skirt at any time I want to. There's a strap there that I can break off so I'm wearing my usual leather pants on the inside.

 I made sure that my mask was secured on my face. "Alright, now that I am wearing this dress, I should go kill that woman right no-" 

"Celeste-sama..."

"I was just kidding..but I am planning on the killing part." I shrugged.

I mean except for Hades, they already know that I've been reborn multiple times and in one of those lifetimes I was a general in the war.

I was a general in Kyoto, A large group of rebels was forming right outside of our territory. I didn't expect Chief Administrator Katsumoto Giichi to be leading them. He was the type of person you would least expect to do it.

He gathered officials who went to overthrow the Emperor. The Emperor was a kind man, he only sat on the throne for 3 years till the rebellion. I was very close to him, I even caught feelings..well, I'm not even sure if it really was like or love since I never really had the time to figure it out.

Emperor Fujiwara Hirohito was just a year older than me but I always made fun of how short he was though, albeit his height, you can not underestimate him. He's much more skilled than I was.

 I'm glad that even if I died on the battlefield, I managed to save him. I know that he's well capable of fighting Giichi in the end. He was the only one I didn't manage to kill since he was the one who killed me.

 He was the only one I didn't manage to kill since he was the one who killed me

It was quite dirty if I really think about it, stabbing me in the back I mean. He didn't reveal himself as the enemy till I died. Cowardice I say but, he is smart. No one plays fair in war.

*knock knock*

"Hm? Yes, who is it?" 

"M'lady, it's time for the ball." One of the maids knocked on the door and informed me. Zed doesn't know I'm here yet so he's in for a surprise.

I'm currently in the palace where the Emperors and Empress are residing on. They have a separate official office and another office in this building. They told me to visit them before the ball in the office so that's where I am heading now.

I can feel all the magic artifacts around me and their last magical security camera is way back at the entrance of the hallway. It seems like they are using my product, Fufu~

I passed by the room that the Emperors and Empress shared. Unsurprisingly, there's a security camera here and again it's my product. 

...Weird, why is it broken? I wonder when they plan on getting it fixed? I'll just fix it for them, it's no biggie anyway.

When I stood in front of the office, the camera was also broken. Hm..I wonder what the heck did they do to break it, if it malfunctioned they should have brought it back to the store. It has a five-year warranty.

I could hear Zed complaining inside the office. Saying that he doesn't want to escort anyone and that he's already in love with someone else. That is information that is not new to my ears. I've teased him and Ophelia before, even in our previous lives.

I knocked on the door and the Empress opened it for me.

"So you are saying that you don't want to escort me, huh?"  I said as I crossed my arms.

"E-Elvira-sama? ELVIRA-SAMA!!!" He jumped and hugged me.

"Calm your horses, you are a prince right now." I scolded. He immediately stood straight.

I treat him like a troublesome younger brother that somehow always gets in trouble and now some bitch wants to kill him? First, it won't be easy to kill Zed in the first place. He's my third-in-command meanwhile Landon was my second-in-command. 

He's second to the most violent in attacking, The first one was Clementine, an innocent face can deceive you.

The second is that, if they touch even a strand of his hair..I'll plop their heads off like what I used to do to my childhood bully's barbie dolls back when I was Penelope. Mind you, that time when I removed the doll's head, I was smirking.

"Thank you again, for doing this.." 

"It's no problem, Your Imperial Majesties. I'm just glad that I am of help." I bowed. They took the lead and walked to the ballroom. They announced our arrival though he didn't mention me. My mask would be enough of an explanation.

Time to find you, motherfucker

To be Continued . . .