Chapter 9: Mother's Intuition

“What?” I asked.

Jeongmin’s jaw dropped and he shook his head. “Nothing!”

“You know it’s hot outside, you should tie your hair up,” Hyun Seong said. He took a hair tie out of his pocket and walked over to me. Softly putting his hands through my hair, he tied my hair up. He placed his hands on my cheeks and looked into my eyes and smiled. “Perfect.”

“Why do you have a hair tie?” I asked.

“All of us keep one in case we need it for dance practice. It helps keep the hair out of our face,” Hyun Seong replied. He grabbed my hand. “Let’s go.”

My heart began to beat rapidly and I felt my face get all hot.

After a while a while of swimming, my stomach began to hurt. I ignored it but after a little bit, it started to hurt intensely. That’s when I realized what it was.

“Lunch time!” Dong Hyun called, setting up a picnic.

All the boys ran out and I stayed in the water, knowing that staying in the water would be a safer bet. Hyun Seong stopped once he got to the shore and looked back to see me still in the water. He made a confused face at me and walked towards me. I shook my head and mouthed No. I held onto my stomach, which hurt like hell. Hyun Seong’s eyes widened in realization, but he continued to come closer and closer. He put his arms around me and gave me a big hug.

“You know, if you keep staying in the water, you’re going to get colder. Then it’s going to hurt even more,” He said.

He picked me up princess style and walked me back to the shore.

“Hey, where are you guys going?” Kwangmin asked.

“Uh, __________ is tired, so I’m going to take her to the bathroom so she can wash up,” Hyun Seong said.

“Here! I’ll go with you!” Kwangmin offered.

“NO!” Hyun Seong shouted. “It’s fine. Right?”

I nodded. Kwangmin made a dejected face but shrugged and went back to eating.

Hyun Seong dropped me off as the women’s bathroom and after finishing up business I came back out.

“Are you okay?” Hyun Seong asked.

I nodded and turned fifty shades of red.

“Don’t be embarrassed. Everyone goes through puberty,” Hyun Seong said. “Try to not eat sour things and keep warm.”

“Okay,” I said, not able to smile. “How’d you know?”

He smiled. “Well, you could think of me as the mom of the group. I guess it was mother’s intuition,” Hyun Seong said.

I stared at him. Hyun Seong placed his hands on my cheeks and crouched down to my eye level. He squeezed my cheeks together and chuckled.

“Fishy face,” he whispered.

He placed his forehead against mine and we touched noses. He closed his eyes and we stayed like that for a while. When he finally stopped, he smiled and we walked back to the picnic. I didn’t know why, but I felt… happy. Really happy. Especially after Hyun Seong did that. I forgot about all the pain my stomach was in. It was a really refreshing feeling.

==============================================

PLEASE

VOTE

&

COMMENT!!