Chapter 33: Keep It In Mind

As Donghyun and I chattered on outside, Kwangmin suddenly came bursting out the front doors and trotting down the stairs. He stopped in front of us and awkwardly scratched his head.

"So, uh, hey," he greeted. "The last song is coming up before they announce prom king and queen."

"Oh, I didn't realize the time had passed by so quickly," Donghyun gasped. He put his hand on my head.

"Guess time flies when you spend some quality time with your kid."

"Yeah, yeah, okay, anywho," Kwangmin interrupted. He held out a hand to me and bowed slightly. "Go ___, may I have this last dance?"

I looked to Donghyun and nodded, beaming. I took a hold of Kwangmin's hand. Kwangmin smiled like an idiot as we sprinted back into the ball room. As Kwangmin led me onto the dance floor, our very own Hyun Seong's

"Only You" began playing softly in the background.

"Alright, we're going to slow this one down a bit. If you haven't voted for prom king and queen yet, please vote at the table over to the right. This is 'Only You' sung by Hyun Seong," the DJ announced.

I could see Hyun Seong scratch his neck self conciously and smile back at our table. The DJ increased the volume of the song as all the couples began pairing off for the dance. I turned to Kwangmin and put my arms around his neck. He placed his hands around my hips courteously. As the music moved on, the two of us swayed back and forth across the dance floor. Kwangmin smiled contently at me.

"You look beautiful tonight," Kwangmin commented.

I blushed unconciously. "Oh, thank you. You look very handsome yourself."

Kwangmin turned seven shades of red. "So how's the night going?"

"Wonderfully! I couldn't ask for anymore than I've gotten tonight. How about you?" I asked.

Kwangmin's smile faded into a softer after glow. He spoke in a soft, hushed voice. "Now that I'm with you, I'm happy."

Though the music was playing loudly, I could hear his words. They made my heart race faster than any horse could ever run. He looked down shyly then suddenly popped his head back up. 

"Did my messenger get his package to you?" Kwangmin asked, smiling goofily.

I pulled out my Ying necklace and smiled. "Of course!"

I giggled as he pulled out the Yang necklace and the two clicked together, being magnetic and all.

Ah, so he had the Yang half, you thought.

As the song ended, his smiles melted into a serious expression.

"Hey, could I ask you a question?" Kwangmin asked.

"Sure!" I replied, still holding our necklaces together.

"What are your parents' names?" He asked.

I thought about it for a moment then replied. "I believe it's Go Eun Bi and Go Jin Ho."

Kwamgin's expression drooped. "But then again, I heard my mother got a name chang once she got to America. Her name was formerly Kim Han Eul."

Kwangmin's jaw dropped. He grasped me by the shoulders. "Really?"

Before I could reply, Mi Yun appeared from out of nowhere. It's been so long since she last picked on me, I was surprised to see her again. She scowled at me then smiled happily at Kwangmin.

"Hey Kwangmin, good news. I heard something that'll blow your mind. Come over here with me. It's about the king and queen," Mi Yun chattered.

Mi Yun and her posse began dragging Kwangmin away, who tried to resist.