Chapter 46: Mother's Early Arrival

"5, 6, 7, 8, turn, 2, 3, 4," Donghyun counted out as I did my solo practice. "You missed a beat but keep going, 4, 5, 6.."

As Donghyun counted out, the boys felt the need to sing the lyrics to the song I was dancing to, which only distracted me more. 

"We're high, we're right, we're high, we don't stop. We're high, we're right, we're high, we don't stop," they sang extra loudly thinking I was deaf.

"Ah!" I tripped on my own foot and landed face first on the floor. 

Propping myself on my elbows I turned to the boys and frowned at them. 

"Not funny. You knew I would trip, didn't you?" I asked angrily.

"Yup," Kwangmin chuckled.

"Yah! You," I quickly got up and chased him around the dance room.

"Yah, Go _____, stop flirting with Kwangmin and get to practicing. We have a comeback stage on June 13th, that's only three days away," Donghyun scolded.

"Sorry, Donghyun appa," I apologized, walking back to my spot. 

"Aish, stop calling me appa. You make me sound like an old man," Donghyun laughed.

"You can call me appa, though," a voice bellowed into the dance room.

I turned around at the sound of the voice and grinned. It was my father. 

"Dad!" I shouted, running towards him.

"Honey," he beckoned as I came in for a big hug. 

"Mm, where have you been?" I asked as he swung me around.

"Apologies to you, daughter, I've been working with some of the new trainees and foreign affairs," he replied, putting me back on the ground. "And how have you been doing?"

"Great!" I perked.

"Bad. She's keeps tripping on herself," Donghyun stated matter-of-factly.