Chapter 38: Dealing With Procrastination

“So if you divide both sides by two, you should get x, which is,” I said, writing on Minwoo’s notebook.

Minwoo propped his elbows on the table and laid his head on top, staring at me. I could feel his stare burning into my scalp. I frowned at the feeling and sighed, looking to him.

“Are you listening?” I asked.

“Yeah, hm,” he whispered dreamily.

“Minwoo, I can’t help you with studying if you keep daydreaming like that,” I complained, closing the Geometry book.

“I’m sorry,” Minwoo apologized, pouting.

“Aigoo,” I sighed.

Suddenly Jeongmin popped his head in through the crack of Minwoo’s dorm room. He was sitting on the floor and gripped the doorway with one hand.

“Hey! Let’s switch then, ______. Minwoo can take my place and you can tutor me!” He suggested happily. “Win – win situation!”

“I don’t think so,” Hyun Seong said, dragging Jeongmin away by the collar.

“Hyung!” Jeongmin whined as he slid away.

As the two of us sighed, I decided what would have been best for Minwoo; a little break from studying to get rid of his playful energy.

“How about we go on a walk around Seoul Square?” I asked.

A huge grin formed on Minwoo’s face.

“Let’s go!” He squealed, dragging me away by my wrist.

Before I knew it, the two of us were walking around Seoul Square side by side by side by side. I looked at my feet as I walked while Minwoo kicked rocks here and there. It was a long, awkward silence between us while city noises roared around us. I puffed out my cheeks and looked to the sky.

“So, why are you having such a hard time focusing, Minwoo?” I asked with a worried tone.

“I don’t know,” Minwoo shrugged.