Clint

When she wakes,she can barely open her eyes. She looks up at me,and smiles."Hey,Little Lady." I kneel down beside her. "How you feelin?"

"I'm tired."

"That's ok."

"How is ,Steve?"

"He woke up today. He couldn't remember what happened at first,but he's doing better."

"Where is he?"

"He went for a walk. To clear that big ol' head of his."

She laughs lowly,but her face falls quickly."How did he take,Bruce?"

"Not that great,but it's ok," I brush back a strand of her hair and she lays her hand atop mine.

"I'm so tired."

"I know,Baby. You were in a lot of pain earlier so we had to double the dosage. I'm surprised your even able to keep those gorgeous eyes open."

"I feel useless."

"Hey,don't talk like that, 'Tasha."

"I can't walk,Clint. I'm hopped up on drugs all day. Tell me what it is I can do."

"You're doing better,Tasha-"

"Don't bullshit me."

Usually I would be intimidated,but she just barely whispers it.

"You are. You can stand again."

"But it hurts. It feels like every time I even adjust my body on the couch, I am greeted with excruciating pain."

"I know,Natasha. But you are not useless. You're still my best friend."

She smiles again.

"Ah,there it is. That gorgeous,gorgeous smile of your's."

The door opens and Natasha looks behind me at Steve,who towers over us. His eyes travel to Natasha.

"I probably shouldn't be here now should I?"

"Can you,ya know-"

"Yeah, yeah,Cap. There's a steak in there that's calling my name. Nat, are you sure you're not hungry?"

"I'm fine,Clint."

"Alright,suit yourself. Cap'?"

"Sure."

"Ok."

And I walk into the kitchen and begin preparing steak.