Dottie

He leans against the wall,smiling down at me with his charming grin."What is it? All you wanted you have and you still seem displeased."

"I don't have everything."

"Tell me,right now,why are you here,Yelena?"

I snatch my feet from the desk and lean forward slowly."What are you talking about?"

"Why are you here?"

"To finish what I never was able to back then."

"I don't give a damn about that. Why are you here. With the Hand?"

"Grant-"

"Don't call me that,"He hisses."I know what you did you Hydra. I know how you framed them. You used me and I trusted you!"

"I didn't use anyone."

"Who do I belong to then,Yelena?"

"Me,Baby. You belong to me."

I lay my hands on his chest though he  pushes me away."You used me."

"Ward,let's not be irrational-"

"What do you need them for,hmm? I want to know," He rests the muzzle of the gun on my chest."Or so help me god,I'll blow a hole through your chest."

"They are a face,Ward. A face. I need them to assure my safety. My loyalty remains with what remains of Leviathan."

Ward eyes the ring on his finger."You used me."

"No-"

"Yes you did. You put this ring on my finger, and you fed me bullshit. You only need me until you have the final piece. And then you'll bring me to my knees like you'll bring them. You want dominance."

"Ward-"

"I want in on this."

"On what?"

"Whatever the hell this is. When they go down,I refuse to go down with them. I fell in love with you and I'm not going to just let you slip through my fingers."

"You know how dangerous I am."

"And you know how dangerous I am. I want in."

"Ward I can't."

"The way I see it,Yelena, I have dominance right now. The gun. The power. Everything you wish you had. Yelena,I want in."

"There is nothing to be in on."

"Don't lie to me. I want in on this. Like you,my loyalty is to Hydra. But Hydra no longer exists.This is what I have left"

"What is the pleasure of this? Why do you feel the need to belong?"

"It's assuring. To belong means to have purpose. To belong means to matter. I want to matter."

"You matter to me-"

"If the shit your feeding me is true,then you'll let me join you,Yelena. If I am of so much importance,you'll let me in."

"Don't-"

"What is so important that you can't let me on board with this."

"I don't trust you,Ward. Just like you don't trust me. If I sign on anyone,I have to trust them-"

"I don't remember much about my life before France. Do you understand that. Whatever alignment I had with Hydra was squashed when I woke up in your possession."

"None of this will change anything."

"Yelena,I am telling you,I'm not asking anymore. When you take them down,I am coming with you."

I press his lips against mine and pull the muzzle to my chest."If you're going to do it,do it. Shoot me,"

"Let me in,"He whispers harshly. "I wear his ring. And you love me. Take me with you."

"Desperate."

"Let me in."

"Shoot me,if you are serious."

He hand trembles."I'll just be giving you what you want."

"You already have. For weeks now Ward. Giving me what I want. Why not now."

"I am not going to kill you for this because you are going to let me in. I've given you everything you ask me to give you and more. And I have every right to come with you because I have been hypnotizing your Avenger buddies for weeks. I know how this works, and Natasha and Captain Rogers and I have a special party to attend together."

"I'll tell you what."

He grits his teeth.

"If you can get my plane,I'll let you on. The plane is the last part to this. Get me my plane,I give you you're assurance. Do you understand?"

He laughs."I know a place."

"Good. As long as you have it, I'll let you in on this."

He laughs. And laughs harshly."This is how this is going to work. You and I are going to get this plane together. I don't trust you enough to believe you'll actually be here when I come back."

"You have every right not to."

"Cross me again and I'll kill you. And I'll laugh like you laugh at those people you kill out there on the stage."He kisses my lips."I scare you."

"Yes you do."

"Be on the front steps of the house at dawn."

It's terrifying how calm he is. It terrifies me that his memories are coming back. It's terrifying that he will kill me if he feels the need. It's terrifying that I trusted him with that damn ring. It's terrifying that I fell in love with such a poisionus spider.

But I don't want to lose him.

I don't want to lose him.

And I want to get rid of him.

But I can't.

Because I love him.