Natasha

There is a low knock on the door,and I slide the gun from the table beside the bed.I move slowly toward the door counting to three before I snatch open the door.

He leans down his lips pressing against mine.I am taken completely off guard.I close my eyes melting into his body and returning the kiss.I wrap my hands around his neck kissing hungrily at his lips."Steve-"

"Shhhh...Don't talk."

He pushes me back into the room,our lips still locked together and he pushes the door closed behind him.

I push away."I'm sorry,Steve,I can't do this."My mind is speaking for me.I crave this more than anything in my life,my heart screams in agony as the words fall from my mouth.

He kneels down staring me in the eyes though I turn away."Look at me,look,"He lays his palm on my cheek and turns my face so that I have no choice but to stare into his beautiful blue eyes."I can't lose you again,Natasha.I need you,now.I need you,baby,do you hear me?I can't leave without you,not anymore.I need you.I love you,Natasha."

I stare into his eyes my heart crashing against my chest.I have only felt this way once and that was long ago.Aleksy was the only other man I loved.We were going to get married but he was killed...

"I can't,Steve."

"Why not,why?"

"Because I can't live without you,Steve!"

He hugs my head to his chest and he presses his lips into my hair."I'm not going anywhere any time soon.I swear to you that."

"You can't guarentee me forever,Steve."

He looks down at me."No,I can't,but I can guarentee the time we have together."

I press my lips against his staying locked there as I realize I can't push the feeling I've for him down anymore.I need him.

I need Steve Rogers.

The man I swore against,the man I never,ever meant to fall in love with,it just happened.And there is nothing I can do to change that.

I need him because without him I am nothing.

"I love you,Steve."

He brushes my cheek."I'm sorry I never told you.I am a coward-"

"You're Captain America,"I say as more of a realization than a known fact."I'm goimg to hurt you,Steve."

"Stop telling yourself that!"He says his voice rising."I'm sorry,"

I turn away from him."Captain America can't fall in love with anyone like me."

"Shhhh..."He says."Stop.I can't fall in love with you,but I did.Love isn't forbidden,Natasha.You just said you loved me."

"I do,Steve"I look at the ground absently."I just shouldn't."

"Neither should I,but I'm willing to be yours.I'll be gentle,I'll care for you,I will."

I lay my head on his chest."I don't want to hurt you,"

"I know,"He strokes my hair."You won't."

I bury my face in his chest accepting the stone cold fact that I can in fact love.

I can be loved in return.

I am loved.

I am.