Steve

The air is warm and thick and scented with the secent of vanilla.Purple flowers line the dirt road in which we drive on,adding to the beautiful scenery set out before us."Too bad we won't get the chance to have any fun here."Natasha says,smiling back at me.

"How about after this is done,we spend one day on the country side together."

She smiles."Ok,but I'm goimg to hold you to your word.Rogers."

She turns to look out of the window again and I smile.She is a normal human being,with normal human attributes.Intrigued by beautiful scenery.She looks like a little girl,her blazing red hair flowing in the smooth wind.Vulnerable.As if this mission was not happening.She looks happy.Happier than I've seen in a while.

She slides her head back into the car fixing her hair.

A bullet shatters the widshield,and plants itself between our drivers eyes.I reach over the drivers body grabbing the steering,just as and exlosion causes the car to fly backwar.We tumble down a steep cliff,crashing into a rock.

I crawl over the seat though my foot has caught in the seatbelt.I remove the knife from the belt of the driver and hack at it until I am free.

Natasha lay unconcious,blood gushing from the wound shrapnel stuck in her stomach.I kick at the door until it comes off the hinges and drag Natasha out.She groans and beings to crawl away from the damage.

Gunfire rings out above us and I take cover behind the lump of metal that was once a car.I hear the bullets make contact with the car.Natasha crawls next to me,her hand planted on her wound.She breaths slowly,her head against the car.

The gunfire does not stop until the click,meaning the magazine of the automatc is empty.I snatch the gun from the holster at Mason's waist and shoot the man in the chest."Lets go,Natasha."

She can barely stand on her own,so I wrap her arm around my neck and stand her up.Her head hangs and blood begins to fall from her nose.

We travel down the cliff until I spot a barn,"HELP!!!!!"I yell."HELP ME!!!!!"

A small woman rushes outside spotting Natasha."Oh,very bad."

"Help us,please.She's dying."

The woman calls to the house and a man rushes outside examining Natasha."To the barn."

I sweep Natasha's legs and carry her into the barn."Lay her here."

I lie Natasha on the wooden table breathing frantically."Please,please help her."The words tumble out of my mouth faster than I can muster them.

They put Natasha down,by strapping a mask over her face.They move silently and and expertly,removing the shrapnel from her stomach and patching the wound quickly."You are injure too,sir."

I touch the cut on my forehead realizing the skin has already begun to stitch a scar."I'm fine.What about her?"

"She'll be fine. a lot of blood,but she will be fine."

"Sons old clothes should fit you,and her,"she contemplates a moment."My old clothes."

"Bring in the house,"The man motions toward,Natasha.

I lift Natasha from the table and follow the man and woman into the house.They lead me down to a small room near the back of the house."There."The woman commands.

I lay Natasha down ."Wash yourself.What is her name?"

"Natalie."

"You?"

"David."

"David,wash up.She'll be fine."

I walk to the bathroom,showering in scorching hot water.I watch the blood and dirt swivel down the drain.