Steve

She's in surgery right now. It's supposed to fix some of the damage done to her back. I watch from the glass window,cutting me off from the actual room."She always hates surgery."

I turn to Clint who steps beside me."She's had it done before?"

"Course. This isn't her first time missing death,Steve. She's fought it it toe to toe before. And she hates surgery because she hates being down after it."

"She wasn't gonna be up before it."

He laughs lowly."True enough."

"Coulson want me?"

"Yup."

"I'm not leaving."

"I tried to tell him that. He wouln't listen."

"What does he want?"

"Some kid,Pietro Maximoff? Anyway,Bucky seems to trust him,but the kid's pretty shady."

"Why does Bucky trust him?"

"Well,that's the tricky part Cap'. He brought Natasha here in time enough to save her life."

I look down at him."What?"

"He got her here in time enough. He's a,"Clint shakes his head."He's brilliant. I've never seen anything like him before. And I've had a few bouts with mutants before."

"Mutants?"

"Look,all that matters is that the kid wants to join us,but his sister is not as eager to do so. And I fear that if we let this kid on,we're gonna have a hell of a time with his sister."

"I heard about her."

He shakes his head."When she comes out,Coulson wants to talk it over with her too. But,he wants your take first."

I lay my palm aginst the glass,watching for a few more seconds."Where are they?"

"Follow me."

I follow Clint down the silent corridors of the hospital,and down a long flight of steps. It's below the basement,and it's cold and damp,so damp that water droplets have begun to congregate on the concrete walls.

"What is this?"

"Old military bunker.  They built the hospital right on top of it. This is where we've been operating since we stepped through those doors."

"Isn't this wrong? It's a hospital-"

"Cap,until S.H.I.E.L.D is officially an orginization again,we're running operations from down here. Missions. Cleaning up Manhattan and Washington. Making sure the Hand is no longer a problem."

He leads me through the room where there are a handfull of Agents on computers,a large monitor hanging on the wall."Agent Barton,Captain Rogers."

"Agent May.Pleasure to have you back."

"Japan wasn't so bad. The only thing I regret is that I wasn't here to help out. How's Agent Romanoff?"

"In surgery."

"She better?"

"Awake."I say.

She nods."Follow me, Coulson sent me to collect you."

We follow Agent May to a small room far away from the front entrance."Agent Morse,they didn't tell us you recovered,"I say excitedly.

"I didn't want anyone to know. What about Natasha. How is she?"

"In surgery."

She nods."I'm glad she's okay. And I'm glad you're okay."

"Same to you."