Steve

I pace back and forth in front of Natasha who is seconds away from falling asleep.

I am afraid. I am angry. And I am reluctant.

Dottie took down almost every last one of us in a matter of seconds with little to no effort. She knocked us over like lions trample over gazelles.

And Ward.

He is dead.

I know he is.

They did an autopsy and everything.

"Steve,will you sit down. You're making me nervous."

I sit down beside her and she lays her head in my lap.

"Natasha,what's wrong?"

She shifts on my leg."Nothing."

"You can tell me anything."

She turns with tremendous effort so that she is looking straight into my face."Steve I choked. I could have had her right there and I choked."

"Natasha it wasn't your fault-"

"I don't want your bullshit right now, Rogers."

"Natasha you've been through so much these last few days. Losing Clint,facing Dottie, there is no way you're heads on straight. A lot of other people were trampled on too. None of this is your fault."

"Steve-"

"I know,I gave up the other day, and I was wrong for that,but I'm here now and I'm not going to shut up because you want me to. She does not control your life and she can never ever take your integrity from you. Ever. Your will to stand and fight in this war, is one thing she can never take."

"Nat,you did more than I could possibly do after what you've been through." Bucky leans against the wall staring down at Natasha and I.

"Bucky,"She whispers and he smiles.

"Hey,Natasha."

Peggy and Coulson enter along with Skye and Thor."How is Bobbi?" Natasha asks.

Hunter enters the room standing next to Bucky."She's going to live."

"Skye?"

"I'm ok."

"We need to get down to buisness right now."

"Where are Clint and Tony? They never came back?" Coulson asks.

The others look to the ground,and Natasha sits up with my help."Clint's dead and she has Tony."

The room falls silent as Peggy begins to pace and Coulson shakes his head."I'm sorry , Natasha. I know he meant a lot to you."

Natasha waves his sympathy away.

"What are we gonna do,Phil?" Skye asks."We are all screwed up. Natasha can't even walk,Peggy and Bucky are all bruised up. And she's gonna strike in two days. What the hell are we gonna do?"

"We're going to fight our assess off and if we die,we died fighting for what's right. We've lost too much to just give up now Skye. Lost so many of our friends. If it's a war she wants,she'll get it."

"There are what lets do a headcount here. Natasha,Steve,Bobbi who is out of commission at the moment,Bucky who we can't really trust-"

"That's where I'm gonna stop you,Little Lady."Bucky cuts in."I know I'm not the first cantidate for recruiting,but I am willing to help. I am willing to fight with you guys. You don't have a lot of people you can stand with,but I'm willing to help win this with you guys. So,Skye, I'm sorry to dissapoint but I'monna need you to stop talking."