Steve

It's near midnight and Natasha and I are the only ones still awake. Well mostly. Natasha is half asleep on the couch,watching the news in which is still covering news on the tower. Claiming that Bruce's body was never found, and that this is an act of terrorism and that the Avengers are wanted. And the price for us is high.

"Do you really believe that?"

I look over at Natasha."Hmmm?"

"Do you really believe that they never found Bruce's body?"

"I don't know," I say."Most of this crap about the tower I don't believe."

"We're fugitives now."

"It's not the first time."She smiles."What?"

"Nothing. Just a thought."

"Tell me. It must be good it made you smile."

"You make me smile."

"I'm good right?"

She throws her head back in laughter."I was just thinking about the first time we really worked together."

"Ah." I say nodding." That was fun don't you think?"

"Made me smile. It must have been good."

"You aren't mad at me...for earlier are you?"

"Clint?"

"Yeah," I am ashamed. She has failed to mention it at all,and I wanted to keep my mouth shut about it,but it felt wrong. I felt like if I hadn't said anything secretly she would still be mad at me and that's not what I want.

"He insulted you, Steve."

"Yeah ,and?"

"I forgot, you're Captain America."

"What does that mean?"

"For me,that hit would be perfectly justified. He insulted you. If I had been in your place I'd have done much worse than what you did."

"I feel bad about it."

She sighs and wraps the blanket over her shoulders,tighter around her body."Never gonna change are you,Rogers?"

"What?"

"Here I am parading you for hitting Clint. And here you are feeling like an ass for doing it."

"This is that 'I am not good scenario. I am with Captain America. The naïve kid with morals up to his knees' thing again,right?"

She shrugs.

"Still not a bad person,Nat.Maybe hitting Clint is justified, maybe he deserved it. Maybe it was Leviathan and not Clint. So what. None of that matters to me. You're still my Natasha and nothing will ever change that. Understand?"

She smiles to herself,though I catch it."Your Natasha?"

"You don't like that?"

"What's gotten into you, Rogers?" She says laying her head back on the cushions of the couch.

"My Natasha."

"You can't do stuff like this to me , Steve."

"And why not. You look like you're enjoying it."

"To an extent. It's missing something though."

"What?"

"Those lips of yours."

"Oh, I'm sorry ma'am. Can you forgive me?" I stand and walk to the couch. I lean down to kiss her." You're the most beautiful thing I've ever seen, Natasha."

She pulls my head down to hers and commands me to shut up. "You're ruining it with that big mouth."

"I told you I'm not good at this stuff. I'm sorry if I talk too much."

"You do. Now shut up and kiss me."

"We haven't had a moment like this yet."

"Like what?"

"When all is good between me and you. When the world is crumbling around us and all that matters is that we have eachother. Wanted. Friends are gone. Tower's gone. But we have eachother."

"You got me,Rogers."

"And you got me, Romanoff. For our slice of eternity."

And for a moment in time none of the stuff that is happening is happening. It's just me and her and our own world where all is good and nothing can stop us from being happy. It's these moments that I learn to cherish.
Because in a time like this there won't be many more.