Steve

I wake a little past noon according to my clock and I roll out of the bed taking the elevator to the main floor.The others are already awake eating breakfast and watching TV."Where's Natasha?"I ask Tony who sits in the kitchen poking idly at the phone in his hands.

He looks up at me."She not upstairs?"

"I didn't check there,"I say.

"She's probably still asleep."

I look at him skeptically,because even he knows Natasha is always up before noon.And even though this is true,I remember her words from last night,so I shove those thoughts back down."Yeah,your right."

I plop down on the couch with the others and watch TV and engage in conversations half halfheartedly,waiting for Natasha to come down stairs.I wait for hours and hours ,and soon enough I become worried.

If she was or is asleep she wouldn't want me barging in on her,and even if she isn't she obviously does not want to be bothered with any of us.

Seconds...

Minutes...

Hours...

Soon the sun sets and the others become worried too."Tony,where in hell is Natasha?"Clint asks

"I don't know,"He hisses."If you're really that worried go and check on her.I thought I heard her throwing up last night.Maybe she is sick."

"I'm gonna go check on her then."I say with finality and the others nod in agreement.Tony turns away from me and looks back out of the window.

I take the elevator to her floor and find it absolutely empty.I check the bathroom,the kitchen,her training room,but she is in none of them.I finally decide to walk to her bedroom.I don't expect to find anything there either,but my heart plummets into my stomach when she is not there either.

I hold the tears back and swallow the lump in my throat as I finally come to the conclusion that she is gone.But realization becomes confusion and confusion becomes anger.I storm back downstairs and ball my fists in Tony's collar tearing him from the ground."What kind of sick game are you playing,Stark?"I growl with a feral ferocity.

"What are you talking about?"He struggles.

"Natasha is gone and you know darn well where she went."

"No I don't!"

Clint lays his hand on my shoulder and I fling Tony aside my teeth gritted.I snatch my jacket from the hook near the door and walk outside.I walk blindly,trusting solely on my instincts to guide me.I find myself at a small bar in Brooklyn,and I decide to walk inside.

There are rough looking men inside,tattoos printed below their eyes and snaking up their neck.Large and muscular.I don't belong here,but I sit down at the bar and order a beer."CAPTAIN AMERICA!"The tender whispers.

"Keep your mouth shut,kid"I hiss.He looks taken aback by my reply and I feel a twinge of guilt."Sorry."

"No,no.I understand.Rough night?"

"Yeah,"

"Beer on the house."

"Can't you get fired?"

"Not if I pay for it."

"Don't waste your money,kid."

"Jaxon."He says quickly.

"What?"

"My name is Jaxon."

"Nice to meet you,Jaxon."

"What could be so bad that makes Captain America come into a place like this?"

"I'm having a real rough night...Jaxon. Don't."

He throws his hands up in surrender."I'm sorry for being...nosy.I was just wondering."

He begins to wash the counter and I sigh heavily."You really wanna know."

He smiles broadly."Yes!"

"I lost someone really close to me today,and I don't know where they went,or why they left."

"An Avenger?"

"Yeah."

"Why don't you just find out.That shouldn't be too hard,right.I mean you do kinda live with Iron Man."

"I don't think they want to be found,Jax."I say.

His smile broadens."How can you know for sure,huh?"

"I can't."

"Exactly,Sir.So,why not?"

I come to a realization very,very quickly."Because I don't want to find her."

"Her?You mean Natasha?"

I look up realizing what I've just said. There's no point in lying to him. I've told him this much already."Yeah."

"Why not.Why wouldn't you want to find her.I mean she's stacked-"I shoot him a warning glance and he becomes silent."Right,umm,why?"

"Because she lied to me and I trusted her. Because she left us and I needed her.We all do..."I trail off.

"Is this love,Captain?"

I slam a five dollar bill on the table and stand abruptly and leave.