Steve

I dress in the S.H.I.E.L.D gear provided to me by Phil and go to the armory where my shield is on the wall. This time I grab two guns and a dagger and walk down to the hangar where the others are already gathered in their uniforms loading guns and tossing around mjinor.

Bobbi and Hunter share an intamate kiss. Peggy paces at the farthest end of the hangar. Bucky pretends to shoot at the wall. Coulson straps on his vest helping Skye into her own. Fitz and Simmons engage in a heated debate and Thor tosses Mjinor idly.

And Natasha sits away from everyone,loading her guns and aiming at imaginary targets. With her other hand she massages her thigh.

I walk over to her."How you doin'?"

She looks up at me with a small smile."I'm good."

I sit down beside her taking her hand in mine and setting my shield at my feet."You're scared,I know. So am I. And that's okay."

"Steve,if I die today-"

"Natasha don't talk like that,"

She slides the necklace from around her throat and puts it over my head."I want you to wear that and know that I'll always be here with you."

"Natasha I'm not wearing this because you aren't going to die."

"I don't have any immediate plans to,"She jokes."But I need you to wear that for me as a good luck charm. Ok?"

I hug her tight."You make me a promise."

"What is that?"

"First one back to S.H.I.E.L.D gets treated to drinks at the bar."

She laughs."Ok."

I lift my shield and hold it out to her."You need this more than I do."

"Steve I can't take this from you. It's yours."

"If there is anyone I want toting my shield,it's you. You handle it better than I do."

She takes it from me and stands,sliding it up her arm."How do I look?"

"Like Captain America with a pretty face."

She smiles and I stand pressing my lips against hers."You gotta make me proud today,Natasha."

"I'll try not to dissapoint you. Like I said I've got no immediate plans of dying today,Rogers. You better come back to me though,you understand."

I wipe my thumb beneath her eye,wiping away her tears."You better have my drinks ready,Romanoff."

"Alright,Rogers,you're up."

I kiss Natasha's forehead and leave her to board the quinjet. She steps up in the side and pulls my head down hers,kissing me softly."You only take that shot if you have to do you understand me. And stay on your damn comm."

"I got it."I return softly.

She steps down and I nod to Coulson and Peggy."I'll see you back here guys."

Coulson and Bucky salute me and I salute back.

I settle into the quinjet,flipping the switches and adjusting my comm."Here goes nothing. I swear I'll only take the shot if I have to."

"Get outta here,Captain."

I close my eyes,going to all the brightest places I've ever been in my life though they all shine dimmer than my Natasha.

My Tahitian sunset.

My sunday morning.

My Parisian evenings.

My peace.

My Natasha.

And that's how I'm going to come out of this victorious. My Natasha.