Steve

I don't think anyone really slept much last night. I know Natasha didn't and I didn't. The house is heavy with blanketed exhaustion,though everyone tries to make it look as if they have slept well and that they are ready to go. But they are not.
"Guys look, it's another national broadcast!" Coulson calls back.

I help Natasha into the living room,though she refuses to sit. She leans on me for support,and I stand firmly to make sure she doesn't fall.

Dottie appears on the TV, dressed in an all black military uniform,with a mask pulled over the lower half of her face,leaving nothing left to see of her face but her striking eyes and nose. Her blonde hair is pulled back into a long blonde ponytail,in which hangs down her back. It doesn't seem to fit though,with the black uniform and hand flag curtained down behind her.

"Hello,Avengers. Hello citizens of the U.S. I'd like you to meet Daniel."

A small boy walks up next to Dottie. She carresses his small face and kisses the top of his head."He is seven years old and was diagnosed with lukemia at the age of 4."

She pulls the gun from the holster at her waist and shoots him. He falls limply to the ground,blood pouring from the bullet wound in the back of his head.

"These are his parents, Aaron and Beverly."

She kills them too. Two shots to the back of their heads.

She looks directly into the camera."This is a message to both the Avengers and America. Every day I don't have The Avengers, I am going to kill an entire family,"Her eyes are deadset and firm. Taunting."If you choose to revolt,America, I will kill you and your family. "Bozhe,blagoslovi Ameriku."

The screen goes black and the room is silent. Eyes still remain on the TV as if Dottie and the dead boy and his family are still there. But they're not. The'ye dead.

"We have to turn ourselves in,"I whisper.

"What?" Natasha hisses."Are you crazy? She'll kill us."

"She just killed an entire family because of us. And I'm sure the jab about doing it everyday wasn't a joke."

Natasha looks away from me."We can't give ourselves up to her,Steve. Once we're gone how many more families do you think are gonna die?"

She's right.

"I can't sit and watch her do this to these innocent people. That boy was seven."

"Steve, I know this hurts you. I know it does. But you can't let her lure you in. She did this for exactly that. We can't give ourselves up."

"She's right, Steve." Peggy says."As long as we are dead a lot more people are going to die. And they're not going to die by Dottie's hand,they're going to kill eachother. I've seen it myself."

I look down at Natasha and she stares into my eyes as if searching."Don't give up on me now,Rogers."She whispers.

I blink away my tears and kiss her forehead."I'm not,I'm just,"I sigh."We have a destonation to be at by tweleve. I say we split up . Tony and Clint, Peggy and Phil and Thor. And Natasha and I will leave last. We'll leave five minutes apart to avoid suspiscion."

"It's 10:25."

"It's an hour from here right, Coulson?"

"Yup and my team is waiting. They just sent me the okay."

"Alright. We need to leave now. Get rid of anything that may seem like it could leave clues to where we are going. Thor and I will stay behind while Tony and Clint get in the first car,Natasha and I will go last. We got five minutes to get the hell out of here."