Loki

I flip through an uninteresting book,scanning the pages,and reading things that catch my eye.

"King Laufeyson-"

"What do you want?"I ask,throwing the book aside.

"The Earthling has arrived."

I lean forward and straighten out my clothes."Send her in."

The gaurd leaves only to return with the woman. I smile a charming grin and stand."You can leave now,Gaurd."

He nods and dissapears through the doors of the throne room."King Laufeyson,a pleasure it is to be in your presence."

"Yes I know."

"You must think quite highly of yourself."

"Yes,indeed. Why should I not?"

"I have no answer for you."

I laugh."I hope your journey here was not difficult."

"Not at all. With the Avengers dealing with the lasting effects of Yelena's attack,the trip here went quite well."

"I'm glad to hear that. I don't mean to be hasty,but in the request you sent me,you mentioned joining forces. I'd like to discuss this with you right away,if you do not mind."

"I am a bit tired from my journey."

"Believe me,you'll have plenty time to rest here once we've discussed the matter at hand." I sit down in the throne chair and throw my leg over the arm,massaging the tip of my scepter.

She holds out her hand and a chair appears for her. A throne of her own. Red and Black,the stars stuck in it.She sits,crossing her legs and smiling."Fun isn't it?"

"I must say,you are an interesting character."

"As are you."

"This...brother of yours,will he be a problem?"

"No. He won't be a problem. What of your's hmm? Will he be a problem?"

"He'll always be a problem,Dear."

"Will he be my problem?"

I laugh."He and the Avengers pose no threat to our plans right now,Ms. Maximoff. Yelena's plans were a wonderful ploy and will pose as a great distraction for you and I. Amazing what she pulled off,no?"

"Yes,but het plans were flawed."

"Of course,but she was never of any importance to me. We'd never met before,but watching her destroy them as she had,well that was wonderful."

"Why did you help Agent Carter? Why'd you help them?"

I sigh heavily knowing I was soon to recieve that question,although I've been actively avoiding it."I own a member on the team a terrible debt. Names will remain unsaid,but we have a bit of a past together. And I promised her I'd do whatever she needed me to do if she just asked."

"Natasha?"

"Names and titles are of little importance to me,Wanda,but if they matter to you,yes. She and I have a little bit of a past."

"You bargained with an Avenger."

"It was that or we both would have died. She saved my life multiple times during that and when we came back to Asgard,she was terribly injured. Possibly going to die. The things I'd felt then were unspeakable. I've never felt that way in my life. The chitauri attacked the palace,and despite her injuries,she and I fought every last one of them off. She's an extroadinary someone,she is. "

"If this was the case,why not just capture her and use her powers for your cause?"

"She has no power she has strong will. And I believed keeping her here was the wrong thing to do. The Avengers as a whole are my problem. A select few are not."

"That doesn't answer my question,Loki."

"Look,Wanda,she became a very important person in my life at one time or another. Keeping her here she would have died,and she would've been dissapointed. She'd made her aqaintances with the Avengers,and I wasn't about to take that from her."

"You had feelings for her. And you still do."

I close my eyes and sigh."I did,I do not anymore. But I am forever at her debt."

"Fool! What if she asks for a spell-"

"I don't do magic or hex spells,that is you. I have...talents granted to me by the Allfather and my father Laufey. If she asks for anything to harm me,I'll kill her. And her friends. And she won't call on me much,that is for sure. She still has little trust for me. But she understands me."

Wanda throws her legs over the arm of the chair and stares at the cieling."It was a stupid move Loki. Despite whatever you two went through together,there is no telling what she'll wish. She may kill you herself."

"She won't do that. She may watch someone else do it,but she won't kill me."

"You must have some plan."

"In time the plan will be revealed,as of right now though,you and I shall discuss this joining forces."

"Of course,of course,"She sits up."I believe I can be of use to you."

"To me."I laugh lowly."Go on."

"I wish to join you in this grand master plan of yours."

"Why leave Pietro?"

"He made his decision I am now making mine. He believes I went back to our father,but I came to you."

"Nice cover up. So besides your obvious gifts,what else can you do?"

"A number of things you won't see until you let me aboard."

"I already have."