Natasha

Steve gently nudges my shoulder and I turn to look back at him."Its time to go."

I slide on a pair of boots near the door and Steve hands me a backpack and a gun,which I slip beneath my shirt.

Steve navigates us out of the forest and into a sparsely vegetated valley."I don't like this."I say.

"Why?"

"Its way too open.If we get attacked we have no where to hide."

He nods forward."A few miles up theres some barn there.We eat there and rest a few minutes then keep moving.There's another forest not too far away from there."

"Ok."

We trudge through the valley as the sun climbs into the sky,sending its beaming heat pounding down on our backs.I strip off the jacket and tie it around my waist and continue after Steve.

We come to the barn and Steve checks around it."Nobody's home."

He pushes open the door to the shed and we climb down.Steve removes two cans of peaches from his backpack and two spoons."What she didn't have soup?"

"It was either peaches or beef stew.And if I recall correctly beef stew makes you violently sick."

"I'd kill for meat,right about now."

"When we get to the city,"He says."Meat will be plentiful."

Steve peels back his lid,poking idly at the peaches."Whats eating you,Steve?"

He looks up at me pain flashing behind his eyes."I feel so guilty,Natasha."

"About those people back there?"

He nods,fighting to keep the tears behind his glassy blue eyes."Its our fault they're gone.They just wanted to help."

I lay my hand atop his."We can't blame ourselves for that."

He snatches his hand away."It doesn't matter to you!"He hisses and I lower my eyebrows.

"It matters to me just as much as it matters to you.You think I wanted that to happen back there-"

"You don't care!Stop lying to me!You are a cold hearted assassin who doesn't care what happens to innocents!"

I feel the tears crawl down my face before I realize that I am crying.It seems as if he is spit back to reality and he reaches for me though I move away."Tasha,I'm sorry."

"Shut up."I hiss.

He opens his mouth to speak,though I stand storming out of the shed.

"Tasha!Wait!"

I snap my head around glaring at Steve through my tears."Leave me alone.I'm going to the city alone,you get there when you get there.Maybe by then I'll be able to forgive you,but right now I need space.Don't follow me."

"Your hurt."He says.

"Stop it."I hiss and he staggers backward.

"I'm sorry."

"I know,"I say walking away.