Steve

"Look at this. The president is adressing the nation."

Natasha leans forward."Something isn't right."

"What do you mean?"

"Doesn't feel right." She is just getting off the sedative and sounds tired."Guess it shouldn't right? At first we we're his champions and now we're his most wanted. That paralell doesn't add up."

Peggy leans on the wall,watching."They do it so differently now."

"Adressing the nation?"

"Yes. Most times you had to listen to the radio to hear it."

"You'll get used to it," Coulson mutters.

The others cram into the room as the president takes the podium and looks out over his crowd as if acknowledging them."I am here to bring you all peace to the Avengers matter," He begins."Now while it may disgust and disturb many of you, The Avengers are now wanted for working with the S.H.I.E.L.D orginization after it was shut down for having ties back to Hydra. In the formal statement written by Director Phil Coulson,it is stated that the Avengers tower was attacked as an act of terror. Homeland security has in fact been looking into the situation. Phil Coulson and Peggy Carter were arrested for their parts in this situation and escaped within 24 hours of being detained. The Avengers and the two S.H.I.E.L.D members are being searched for by the Special Operations Unit within the F.B.I,and progress is good. Many of you have every right to feel insecure on your home land. I feel cheated and unsafe. But no Avenger and no S.H.I.E.L.D operative should be able to take our home from us. With that being said I have assigned the Secretary of Defense position to Mrs. Dottie Underwood."

The room seems to fill with air static with electricty as Dottie takes the podium.

The TV is like a magnet,pulling us toward it.

Her blonde hair falls over her shoulders in perfect bouncy curls, making those striking blue eyes of hers slice open your chest. She is dressed in the military uniform,which makes her appearance far more disturbing. The president has accepted her. America has accepted her. My country has accepted the woman who is going to bring it to its knees.

"This isn't happening." Natasha whispers.

Dottie nods at the crowd,acknowledging them."As of today," She pulls out a gun and shoots the president in his chest.Blood spatters across the lens of the camera and that camera has to be replaced by another."Dottie Underwood has been named President of the United States. I promise you,The Avengers will be found and brought to justice. My way. And by my will."

The Hand's flag drops down behind us and a man steps up behind Dottie. Following are legions of men dressed in all black military uniforms.

She looks directly into the camera."YA idu za toboy, Natasha. Vy i vse vashe draz'ya."

Natasha stares at the screen frozen."We need to get the hell out of here. Because if we don't," She looks around the room,and locks eyes with Coulson."We are all going to die."