Steve:2 days after

"So how'd the mission go?"Tony asks,though he doesn't actaully seem to care.

"It was fine,"I respomd nonchalantly.

 Natasha sits away from everyone curled up in the chair near the window and i've noticed since we've been back she hasn't neccesarily been herself."Nat,what happened to your leg?"

She looks as if she is just realizing there are others in the room."I got shot."

"Does it hurt?"

She shrugs."Yeah,a little."

Tony nods and looks at the TV.The others seem satisfied to have heard about the mission and return to watching whatever show is on TV.

Natasha stands,limping to the elevator and dissapearing from my view."Whats up with her?"Bruce says.

"Dunno,"I say as if it doesn't bother me but its chipping away at my sanity not knowing whats wrong with her.

Eventually I decide to leave too.I use the elevator to get to Natasha's floor and slide the ipod from my back pocket and holding it up."This Adele is really amazing.I think of all the catching up i've had to do,this was my favorite."

Natasha smiles up at me as I hand her back her ipod.

"Whats wrong,Nat?You haven't been you since we got back from Yemen."

She waves dissmissevely obviously not up for talking."I'm just tired,thats all."

"Tired?"

She looks back up at me."Yeah,Steve.Everyone doesn't have super soldier serum to keep them going.I'm just tired."

"Do you mind if I join you to watch a movie?"

She smiles and pats the cushion and I plop down next to her on the sofa."What do you want to watch?"

"What do you have thats good?"

"Well The Hunger Games is pretty good but you have to finish the book first."

"Oh,"I say stupidly."How about we break the rules of the 'read the book first' and watch it anyway."

She smiles."Ok."

We watch together in silence though occasionaly I ask a question out of confusion and Natasha answers patiently because she says i'm an old man.

 She falls asleep halfway into the movie and lays her head on my lap.I feel a bit uncomfortable,but eventually I shove those feelings back down in my brain.

I lift her from the couch and carry her to her bed where I lay her down and pull the covers over her shoulder."Sweet dreams."I whisper.