A Dog in the Alley

Fred POV

After a full two days of convincing, Mum is finally taking George, (Y/N), and I to Zonkos. (Y/N) would be coming with us because Remus apparently had a lot of errands to run and would take a while. Unfortunately, Mum insisted on a family trip.

"Do we HAVE to go?"

"Oh my god, Ginny if you ask that one more time you're gonna be a blonde by morning." George says, making Ginny scrunch up her face in disgust and hit his arm.

"I BETTER NOT HEAR ANYTHING ABOUT COLORING PEOPLES HAIR BOYS!" Mum yells from behind us, making George sigh and slump while walking.

"Why do you always have to be so dramatic?"

"Ron! How dare you disrespect your elders!" I exclaim, grabbing George's shoulders.

"Thank you, Fred. So kind." George says, wiping fake tears.

"I have to side with Ron here. George is indeed a drama queen." (Y/N) pipes up, slinging an arm around Ron's shoulder and ruffling his hair. George frowns at this but smiles once he sees Ron turn red and push (Y/N) off him.

"Aww, are you embarrassed, Ronnikins?" I pinch his cheek making him smack my hand.

"He's so violent, Fred." George says, shaking his head.

"Yes, George. I'm surprised he'd show such violence in front of (Y/N). Don't you want to impress her?" (Y/N) chuckles at this making Ron even more flushed.

"Shut it! Both of you!"

"It's okay, Ron we still love you even if you are a huge embarrassment!" Ginny exclaims, making everyone but Ron burst out in laughter. Even Percy hid a smile behind his book.

"Percy! Can't you tell them all off?" Ron says, making Percy roll his eyes.

"Well"-

"Percy, Remus told me about this new bookstore! Want me to show you?" (Y/N) interrupts, effectively distracting him and making his eyes widen.

"Really?"

"Of course!"

He smiles at her and nods. As they walk away she looks back at me and winks as Ron throws his head in his hands. I smile and feel my own face grow warm.

"Alright, chaps! Until (Y/N) gets back and you can go to Zonkos with her, we will be going to a shop of my choice." Ginny exclaims, making George nod his head and lean down.

"A piggyback ride, Sir Ginny?"

"Of course, Sir George."

"They're so stupid." Ron mumbles, making me smile wider.

"They really are."

~*~

(Y/N) POV

"Percy, have you found what you were looking for?"

"No but tell me if you see it please?"

"Sure."

Initially, I asked Percy to come here so that Fred and George could get away without being scolded but it turned out to be very relaxing talking with him. He's a lot calmer when he's away from the rest of his family.

"Ah, here it is. R.T. Edward's Hall of Monsters." He says, sitting in the chair next to mine.

"I never thought you'd be into fiction."

"It was my favorite book as a kid. It's about a little boy who's scared to go down the hall at night because he thinks there are monsters and every chapter he describes sneaking past one of them. At the end he realizes that once he turns the light on, he spent all that time scared for nothing. I was scared of the dark back then too, so Mother read it to me every week."
He smiles fondly at the book, feeling the velvet red cover.
"Things were quieter then. Just Bill, Charlie, and me. It was nice."