Eleventh Birthday

(REMUS POV)

As I sleep soundly sunlight hits my face and I begin to stir. I groan and turn around, trying to sleep more when all of a sudden I smell a rich milk chocolate near me.

"Moony! Moony! Wake up!"

My eyes snap open as I see (Y/N) standing there with chocolate in her hand. I sigh and slowly make my way off the bed. I head to my room and get ready for the day. (Y/N) then grabs my hand and drags me to the kitchen.

"Ok, let's make that cake Remmy!" she says with excitement enveloping her features.

I push down my tiredness and trudge towards the fridge to get everything we need. Once the ingredients are set out neatly I separate them into two bowls. I hand the bowl with dry ingredients over to (Y/N).

"Be very careful Coco." I say, a bit nervous since I had just cleaned the kitchen yesterday. She nods overly determined and very carefully grabs a mixing spoon. She delicately places it in the bowl and very watches how she mixes, trying to remember what I taught her. I chuckle at her childishness and begin working.

~*~*~*~

After a long hour and a half the cake is finally in the oven. I look at my watch nervously, when is that letter coming?

I'm so excited to see the look on her face when she gets hers, I've told her many stories about my days at Hogwarts and she already seems to see it as a second home.

"Hey Coco, why don't you go play in your room for a bit until the cake is ready?" I ask.

She nods, smiling and heads upstairs. After I make she's left I lose my smile and sigh heavily. It's been a tough eleven years but she makes it all worth it. She jokes like her father but is extremely smart like her mother. Every time I see her I can't help but think of my old friends. I hear a tapping on the window and see an owl with The Daily Prophet in its beak. I pay it and take the paper, jumping immediately to the Azkaban section of it.

Pitreous Takes an Inside Look in The Wizarding World's Top Ten Most Wanted:
Simon Redwill
Damian Ordwin
Amy Dickinson
Sirius Black
...

The rest are a blur as I stare at Sirius's name. Every time I see it I can't help but wonder: Could he really have done this? My best friend?

I shake away the thoughts and hold onto my hopes, Sirius would never betray James and Lily, he got shunned out of his own family for not following Voldemort for God's sake! I scold myself for even thinking for a second that Sirius is anything less than an amazing friend with overly flirtatious jokes and a tendency to bother me when I try to read.

I take out my wand and destroy the paper, I can't have (Y/N) finding out about this, she's heard of Sirius from my stories, after all. Never would I allow myself to present her to the horrors behind my stories. I summon a book and lay down on the couch to get comfortable.

(Y/N) POV
I turn on my muggle radio and put on Dodie Clark's If I'm Being Honest (Song Above) and grab my sketchbook to start drawing.

A my pencil glides across the page my mind begins to wonder with the song.

I wonder how Remus feels. He's probably still hurt from the last full moon, I know it was rougher than usual.

I furrow my brows as I delve deeper into my thoughts.

I thought I once heard him mention a way to help the transition. A charm or a spell? No, no, a potion. What was it? Polyjuice? Wolfsbane!

Suddenly I get an idea. I jump away from my sketchbook and look for a potions book Remus gave me once to "get ahead at Hogwarts." As I flip through the pages I finally find the potion I want. Wolfsbane.

Maybe I could make some every month while at Hogwarts and send it back to him! The potion does take a while to make, maybe after I go to Diagon Ally I get the supplies and start right away, he'll never see this coming.

I make a silent note to bring some extra galleons when I leave and set the book under my bed with the wolfsbane potion tabbed. I want it to be a surprise. I head back to my sketchbook and keep drawing.

~*~*~*~

"Coco! The cake's done! Come downstairs!"

"I'll be there in a sec Remmy!" I yell back, quickly finishing my drawing.

(Art by the amazing Elentori)

I smile proudly at my work and place it gently on my bed before rushing downstairs. Remus leans against the counter with some flour in his hair, a warm smile, and a cake fully decorated beside him. (pic above)

"What do you think, Y/N?" he asks me, tapping his foot slightly.

"I love it, Moony. Thank you." I say gently while smiling at him. He nods happily and goes to quickly clean himself up. I sigh and lose my smile. Slowly, I look up to the window and stare at the setting sun, it's always so beautiful this time of year. I start to get lost my thoughts, I always do when I'm looking at the sky.

When will I get my Hogwarts letter? Will I get my Hogwarts letter? If I did go to Hogwarts would I have any friends? What house would I be in? I hope (Your House). Will I learn any advanced spells and charms, like the patronus? Will people make fun of me because of my parents? Will I see Harry?

Even among the sea of thoughts in my head that one seemed to be the only one that didn't leave. Does he even know about me? Would he like me? Will he be safe? What if something happens to him? Where is he right now, is he safe?

All of a sudden Remus comes into the room and smiles at me.

"Sorry I took a while. I have a surprise for you, though!" He says with an excited gleam shining in his eyes, always there on my birthday. He hands me a small letter. "Here you go, (Y/N/N)." He says to me. I take it from him and scan over it.

It takes a few moments to register what I just read

"I'M GOING TO HOGWARTS!" I yell, jumping up from the window and clinging onto Remus. He chuckles as he stumbles back. He gently leans down and kisses my head.

"Yes you are, Y/N, and you're gonna have the time of your life." He says warmly. "Now, let's cut the cake." He says leading me over to the kitchen table. He centers the cake in front of me.

"Make a wish." He says gently to me while placing his hands on my shoulders. I blew out the candle with only one wish:

Let me meet Harry