Quidditch Match

Fred POV

"I just don't know, Fred." (Y/N) speaks as her brows knit together in worry.
"I mean- Harry's excited but I don't think it's safe. He's only eleven and he's barely flown at all!"

We were sitting outside on the quidditch field and our brooms were beside us. The match was tomorrow and we had our classes off for the day.

I smile at her protectiveness and put a hand on her back.

"I get that you're worried but George and I are gonna be protecting him for almost the entire match. Plus, you know that people rarely aim to hit the seeker."

"They will when that seeker's Harry Potter. Have you heard all the shit those people have been saying about him? It's so annoying- he's just a kid." She looks up at me with a frown and my eyes soften.

I reach the hand that isn't on her back to her and hold it out.

"(Y/N), I give you the Weasley guarantee that no harm will befall Mr. Potter during the course of this quidditch match." I give her a big smile as she rolls her eyes with a chuckle.

"Alright, Fred, I trust you." The words were just as playful as mine but they spark a feeling in me that makes my cheeks turn red, but she doesn't notice as she shakes my hand.

"Well, would you care to join me for a race, madam?" I bow and she laughs.

"Alright fine, but be prepared to lose."

"Egad! I'll have you know I'm the finest flyer around!"

"Uh huh- we'll see." She flashes me a charming grin and I feel my nerves course through my body.

We get on our brooms and take off. I'm slightly ahead of her but then I realize we never planned where the race would start and end.

"Um, (Y/N), where are we going?"

"WHAT?" She yells and I realize she's going so fast the wind is drowning my voice out.

I raise my hands to cup around my mouth so I could amplify my voice but all of a sudden I lose my balance.

"FRED!" I feel myself dropping to the ground and my heart is caught in my throat- but I feel myself still as (Y/N) catches hold of me.

"Hold on!" She yells behind me as I quickly wrap my arms around her waist. I feel embarrassment coarse through me and I hide my face in her neck.

My flustered state only grows worse as I feel her chuckle. She leans into me a little and speaks, "You know maybe next time you should keep both hands on the broom." Once again, it's meant to be teasing but it only sparks butterflies in me.

"Ugh just let me down!"

"No way, we're staying up here until I get a proper thank you for saving you. Now I'm the knight." She smiles at me and I pout.

"Lady (Y/N), I am eternally indebted to you. Thank you very much, now please let me down." I rest my chin on her shoulder and she laughs again before setting us down.

"Sweet, sweet land!" I immediately jump off of her and lay on the ground- if I held her any longer I'd die of embarrassment.

She shakes her head at my antics and bends her legs to take off to the sky again. But before she goes she asks if I wanted to join her again.

My heart beats faster at the thought of flying with her again and I laugh nervously.

"I'm good. Earth needs me- you can take to the skies." She grins and takes off as I watch her. After a moment I pull my knees up and tuck my head into my arms on top of them.