Feel Better

George POV

"When applying wormwarts to an explosive potion, what will be the effect on the user of the potion if applied in small increments on the skin?"
I pull at my hair as I reread the question on the parchment for the 10th time and whisper it to myself.

"If you keep that up you're gonna lose your signature red locks."

I purse my lips at Lee's voice beside me.

"Yeah well you, sir, are also not finished."

"Yeah but you have to be relaxed about it." He grins at me and I raise a brow.

"I'd like to graduate at some point, you know?"

"You don't have to. My uncle didn't graduate and he's got galleons on galleons."

"Really?"

"Yeah! He's a play director."

"Boring!" I groan as Lee chuckles.

"Well you don't have to direct plays."

"What could I do? Right now I see myself on the way to becoming some loser with a desk job in the ministry." I grimace. Lee rolls his eyes and sets his quill down.

"You need to do something relating to what you're good at."

"Making people mad? Getting in trouble?" I jokingly say, but I'm surprised to see him thinking about it.

"Yeah, actually."

"What are you thinking?"

"Well, what about a business?"

"Me? A business?" I scoff but Lee slaps my arm.

"Don't think I haven't seen you and Fred's inventions. You're brilliant!"

I feel myself turn red at his words and shove him away.

"Shut it, Lee."

"I'm serious! You're super talented! I don't get any of that stuff but you guys have already made a bunch of stuff for your pranks and they all work- that takes smarts!"

I feel myself get more embarrassed as he goes on and I wave my hands in front of his face.

"Stop stop I get it!"

His grin is evil as he puts my hands down.

"I don't think you do- I think I've gotta keep complimenting you until you really get it."

"You just wanna embarrass me!"

"It works because everything I say is true."

I put my head on the desk as he laughs brightly.

"This isn't fair." I mumble as his laughter dies down.

"Oh it so is."

"And why's that?"

"Because I'm better than you."

"Nu uh."

"Uh huh."

"No way."

"Yes way."

I grab his quill as he gasps in fake shock.

"You resort to petty theft, George?"

"Why yes I do."

"I'll take your quill then!"

"Oh no not my quill!" I say sarcastically. He reaches to take my quill as I examine his quill. I notice Alicia's name carved into the wood.
"You dare accuse me of theft when this isn't even your quill?"