Marauders Map

(Y/N) POV

"I really don't think you have to kill someone to see a thestral."

"Well that's what it says in my notes"-

"I say we ask the professor."

"It's literally 1 am are you serious, Katie?" Alicia deadpans as Angelina chuckles. Katie purses her lips and turns to me.

"(Y/N) do you remember the requirements of seeing a thestral?"

"I already told you all, you have to see someone die, not kill them." I call out from my spot on the couch. Katie, Angie, and Alicia were currently trying to finish our Care of Magical Creatures homework the day before it was due.

"Does that mean you can see thestrals, (Y/N)?"

"Katie!" Angie scolds and looks at me apologetically.

"No, no it's fine. And to answer your question, I'm not really sure. I don't remember a lot of- that night. I don't know what I saw and what I didn't."

She nods and looks back down at her parchment as they go back to working in silence. I frown at the now awkward atmosphere but I'm relieved when I hear George's voice.

"(Y/N), darling, we require your assistance."

"Darling?" Angie questioned as Alicia shook her head and spoke:

"Nothings going on between them, George is just dramatic."

"Sorry (Y/N) do you hear something?" George cups his hand to his ear and Alicia rolls her eyes.

"Yeah, yeah just go (Y/N)." She speaks as I follow George upstairs to his dorm.

"So, what is it?"

"Okay so remember how I briefly mentioned that paper we found? Well truth is we found it first year and we've been figuring it out since then but we need some help for our next grand master plan."

I have no time to respond as he drags me into his dorm and Fred grins at me.

"Okay so, I know Father Remus doesn't fully 100% approve of our, uh"-

"Escapades, Fred."

"Yes, thank you, George. Escapades. But, we need a watchman."

"Usually we just bring the map ourselves but tonight we'll have our hands full."

"Literally."

"Figuratively."

"Same difference. The point being made here is, we need your help (Y/N). So, you in?"

They both look at me with bright shiny eyes and I chuckle. "Of course I'll help."

"YES!" They both yell out and whoop.

"Now we need to show you how to use it."

"Yes, prepare to be amazed. It will be the most incredible thing you've ever witnessed."

They both sit on the bed and gesture me over. Once I'm seated between them they lay the parchment with both of them holding one side of the it.

"Now it's not in map form yet but"-

"I know this map!" I interrupt Fred causing him to pout at me. I take hold of the parchment and read the names across it.
"Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs. So that means I just have to say the activating phrase which, if I remember correctly, is 'I solemnly swear I am up to no good.'"

The parchment began to transform as Fred and George gaped at me.

"HOW DID YOU KNOW ALL THAT?"

"WITCH!"