A Grand Enterance Part Two

(Y/N) POV

As we enter the Great Hall for the sorting ceremony I can see my friends eyeing me carefully. They all walk around me as if trying to protect me.

"Guys I'm not gonna pass out or something it's fine." I look back at everyone as they all quickly look away.

"Well- it's just"-

"This is a very important day isn't it?"

"Yes and we're just worried!"

"We don't want you to be nervous!"

They all spoke interchangeably until Lee noticed my annoyed expression and hushed everyone. He smiled at me and offered his arm. He gave George a look and he also quickly came to my other side.

"M'lady."

"OUR'lady."

"Whatever, Weasley."

George frowns at Lee before I laugh and take both their arms.

"That's better, let's go." We head to the Gryffindor table and make sure to get seats close to where the sorting hat would be. Fred and George sit on my left with Fred being right next to me and Alicia and Lee sit across from us.

"Hi everyone!" We look to see Angelina and Katie wave and sit beside Alicia.

"Hey guys!" Alicia grins widely as she hugs them both. The rest of us also greet them, then Angelina turns to me.

"Are you excited?"

I nod with a smile as my foot taps on the floor anxiously with my hands flat on my lap.

"Of course she is! This is gonna go great." Fred speaks up as he places a hand on mine to stop my tapping.

I smile gratefully at him.

"Hello, everyone." Percy sits on my right with a small smile as we welcome him.

George hushes everyone and we turn our attention to the stage. Mcgonagall clears her throat and begins the ceremony.

I hold my breath as she calls out the first name.

"Hermione Granger." That cues a girl with frizzy unkempt hair to walk up to the sorting hat. It immediately starts murmuring to itself before placing her in Gryffindor. I begin clapping along with the rest of the table.

After that I zone out for a bit before I hear Ron's name and smile. The sorting hat takes no time in deciding Gryffindor.

"WOOHOO GO RON!"
"PROUD OF YOU RONALD!"
"YAY RON!"

Fred, George, and I immediately start yelling as he blushes and sits at the table.

Finally, the entire hall goes silent as I hear Harry's name.

As I see him step up to the hat I hold my breath and my eyes almost begin watering. I vaguely notice someone hold my hand. From all the photos I've seen, he looks just like Dad.

He sits on the stool and places the hat on. Harry begins murmuring something before the hat takes a pause and yells out.

"GRYFFINDOR!"

I release the air I was holding and feel the hand holding mine let go and Fred and George cheered with the rest of Gryffindor.

"WE GOT POTTER! WE GOT POTTER!"

Harry smiles brightly making me grin and he takes a seat next to Ron. I feel a nudge to my side and look to see Fred smiling gently at me.

"Told you it'd be great." I feel my stomach tighten at his words and I'm unable to control how wide my smile gets as I laugh.