Girl Problems Part One

ONE WEEK EARLIER

George POV

"No you've got it all wrong- if you start heating from the bottom it'll explode already!"

I groan at Fred's words.

"That is by far the dumbest thing you've ever said. I"-

"Hey, Georgie!" I jump at the voice beside me. I glance at Fred confused. He shrugs.

"Oh hey, Angie. What's up?" I smile at her but I'm surprised when I see her look away. Is she upset with me?

"Well, um, I was going to go study potions with Alicia but she's gonna be busy so I was wondering if you wanted to study with me?"

I furrow my brows in confusion. "I'm awful at potions, are you sure?"

She nods quickly with red tinting her cheeks. I shrug. "Okay then. Oh! Can Lee and Fred come? We were gonna study potions tomorrow anyways."

"Oh! Well okay. I guess."

"You're the best, Angie!" I wink and begin walking to my next class. I'm glad that worked out well.

*~*

Alicia POV

"I just don't get it, A. Am I being too subtle?"

If I had to describe last week, it would be a prolonged period of constant anxiety.
And that can be chalked up to two people:
Lee Jordan and Angelina Johnson.

In the past week I have made two catastrophic mistakes.

First: I pushed Lee away, again.

I don't know why he keeps forgiving me. I would find myself obnoxious and rude if I were in his shoes. According to Katie I have a "complex" where I keep pushing people away.
But frankly I don't want to deal with that right now.

Has this stopped me from feeling AWFUL about Lee? No.

Can he know that? Also no.

Knowing him he'd just want to help and get closer but, frankly, every time that happens I screw up and say something terrible.
So it'd be a lot better if he just stayed away from me, at least far enough away.

My second mistake?
Becoming Angie's confidant.

Seriously, I know I brought this on myself, but if I have to hear her talk about George or Spencer or Darren one more time I might blow a fuse.

"Alicia? Are you listening?"

I snap out of my thoughts and blink at her and speak slowly.
"Yes."

"I think I'm gonna try asking him out again."

"Oh." My heart drops. "Good idea."

"I know right! He's so sweet!" She turns to me with a bright smile as she swings her legs back and forth. "He listens to me and he's so funny and the other day he stayed after to help me pick up the quills I dropped!"

I grumble. I'd do that too.

"Come on, he's great." She shakes her head in amusement.

"He totally does NOT listen to you. Remember the other day when you tried to get some alone time with him and he invited Fred?"

"It's the thought that counts."

"THERE WAS NO THOUGHT."

"Hey, why're you getting so worked up about this?" She asks with a frown. I freeze up. Whoops.

"I just think you deserve someone better than that."

"Oh yeah? Like who?" She challenges. I shrink into my seat and look away.