Room of Requirement

(Y/N) POV

As the weeks passed by I got more and more used to living in Hogwarts. We're already halfway through the year, it's gone by too fast. I'd sent Remus some batches of Wolfsbane, I've been doing great at charms, flying classes, and especially potions, and I've been getting closer to my friends, and yet I can't help but feel- awkward and lonely at times.

I was heading to charms with Alicia when I was tripped by an older student.

"My bad." They said without so much as a turn of their head as their scarlet robes flew behind them.

"(Y/N), are you okay?" Alicia asks helping me stand up.

"I'm fine." I say, dusting myself off. She smiles at me and continues to class.
Something was off though... this stuff usually never bothers me. And yet it hurt so much today. I kept silent as we approached the classroom and headed in.

We sat in our normal seats near Fred, George, and Lee. I sat closest to the edge with George to my right, then Alicia, then Lee, then Fred.

"Hey (Y/N)!" George beamed at me. I gave him a weak smile in return, to which his own smile faded.

"Are you okay?" He asked with concern.

"I'm fine." I responded. Because- well- I should be. So why aren't I?

He looked unconvinced and opened his mouth to respond but was cut off by Professor Flitwick announcing that class was starting.

"We're talking about this later." He whispered to me, then averted his attention to Flitwick. I tried to retaliate but he just raised a brow at me effectively getting me to shut up.

I sighed then turned my head to the Professor trying to focus on charms.

~.~.~

As class ended George rushed to Fred and whispered something to him. Fred looked at me and whispered back to George, to which he nodded. George went to me and put an arm on my shoulder.

"Well (Y/N), I've handed you off to Fred. You know I'd give up anything to help you but alas they're giving away chocolate frogs in the great hall as a celebration of being halfway through the year. I hope to some degree my less handsome, more awkward, and overall worse twin can handle this. Plus it might do you two some good to connect if you know what I mean." He said with a grin, then sprinted out the classroom. Fred looked at where his brother had gone with annoyance. He looked back at me and his face was instantly overtaken by worry.

"George told me you were acting strange and to be honest I've noticed it too. Before we talk I wanna take you somewhere." He said looking down shyly with a smile. "I like to go there to think. George and I found it after running away from Filch a while back." He said with a chuckle as he looked back up at me, making me fight the urge to smile back.

He outstretched his hand to me subconsciously causing me to become surprised. "Fred?"

He hummed in inquiry then turned his head to his hand. "Oh I'm so sorry! It's an instinct thing, sorry!" He said quickly putting his hand to his side as his face became crimson. Despite my best efforts I let out a small laugh as he turns his back. I see his posture lose some tension as he led me down the hallway.

"Wait here." He said. He paced the hallway three times then turned as a door appeared. I looked in awe as Fred looked at me with a smile.

"Eh, pretty cool right?" He said making dramatic gestures to the door. I smiled then entered and if I wasn't surprised before, the room itself was gorgeous. It looked to be the size of a ballroom. It had a ceiling enchanted to look like a constantly changing galaxy. It had loads of bookshelves against the walls and a bunch of couches and tables littered around the room yet still organized. It had a very subtle (F/C) hue that also overtook the room. The room also had a fragrance, one I couldn't put a name on but I was very familiar with.