House Cup

(Y/N) POV

"You can't be serious." Lee says, rolling his eyes at George's story.

"No, no it's true! I heard Harry got a sword and cut Quirrel clean in two!"

"No offense to Harry but he's pretty scrawny to be able to do all that." Fred comments as I groan.

"Can we please stop talking about my little brother murdering our ex-professor until dinner is over at least?" I glare at the boys and they immediately look down at their plates.

The entire hall has been buzzing with gossip about what happened and I couldn't take it anymore. My headache was getting worse by the second. At the boys continued silence I hum approvingly and continue eating.

"(Y/N), I heard about Harry I'm so sorry." I hear Darren's voice behind me. My eye twitches in anger. I take a deep breath and try to remember he has no bad intentions.

"Thanks for the concern." I smile tightly.

Darren nods solemnly. "I mean, I was sure it was going to happen. What with him being the Chosen One. That must suck having to be related to him."

My mouth drops open. He did not just say that to me. Could he at least have the decency to not look so proud about his stupid opinion?

"Listen Darren, I"-

"Excuse me." McGonagall's voice interrupts me and I almost groan. "Might I have a word with you, Ms. Potter? It's a gravely urgent matter, I'm afraid."

"Yeah, yeah." I grumble. I cast a look at George, Lee, and Fred and they all look at me in worry.

"I'll be fine just finish eating." I tell them and roll my eyes at the way George wastes no time downing his food.

McGonagall leads me to the Hospital Wing and says nothing except "Dumbledore called for you."

When I enter I try not to get my hopes, but still visibly deflate when I see Harry's still not awake. I turn to Dumbledore sitting by his bed and he waves me over.

"Hello, Ms. Potter."

"Hi, sir." I force a smile and Dumbledore sighs solemnly.

"I assume you've already figured out that I've called you to discuss Harry." I nod and he speaks again, "Well, I won't bore you with an introduction. Harry is doing well and he should wake up today, in fact."

"That's wonderful!" I exclaim and he smiles at my reaction.

"Yes, it is. However, I'm afraid this isn't all good news." He purses his lips and speaks again, "I'm afraid Harry encountered something far more dangerous than Quirrel alone. Though I cannot say what."

My smile drops and my eyes narrow slightly. He can't say or he won't?

"But, I think you should be the first one he sees after he and I finish talking. It would do him well to see you. I know you two were not on the best of terms and I believe it's due to my decision pertaining Remus." He looks at me for confirmation and I hesitantly nod.

"I apologize. But I do think it is for the best. However, when he wakes up I'll explain it more thoroughly to him. But please remember, he may not contact Remus in any way in the time being."

I sigh and nod. I'll listen no matter how much I don't want to.

"Good. That being said, please go back to the Great Hall and I shall call for you when he awakens." He smiles and I plaster a smile on my face again for him and leave.

"I know it's a difficult situation, dearest." McGonagall says on the walk back and I don't respond. "In my opinion, I believe you shouldn't be so left in the dark about what happened, but I suppose it will be Mr. Potter's decision." This makes me smile slightly.