Quidditch Pt. 1

GEORGE POV

"Alright, let's get this straight," Lee began to Fred and I. "You're telling me you want to zoom at hyper speed through the sky on the verge of death whacking people with bats while other people try to hit YOU until your inevitable and untimely death in two weeks."

"Exactly right"
"You REALLY get me, Lee."

"One question: why?"

"Think about it!" I exclaim, clasping his shoulders and waving my hand theatrically.

"The thrill! The excitement! The wind in your hair, the sun in your eyes, the cheers from the stands! 'Weasley! Weasley! Weasley!'"

"No, I will not think about it. Think about this: the desperation to stay balanced on your broom, the fact that with one wrong move you could go toppling to the ground."

"It's all part of the fun!" Fred says.

"Aren't you also scared of heights, George?" Lee sassed back.

"Not anymore! I face my fears and conquer like a true Gryffindor!"

"If you're a true Gryffindor then Snape's my best mate," Fred begins. "Besides, what could be better than being the best beaters Gryffindor house has ever seen?"

"You're all morons." We look behind us to see Alicia speaking up with (Y/N) next to her.

"Everyone knows the best position is chaser, and I'm gonna get it." Alicia boasts proudly as (Y/N) nods enthusiastically.

"Think about it. It's the end of the year match."

"Slytherin versus Gryffindor."

"It's neck and neck, the seekers are baffled, the great Weasley beaters are past their wit. Then, suddenly, a zoom."

"If you blink you'd miss it."

"Alicia steals the quaffle with the fastest time ever recorded on that broom. We pass the quaffle from and to each other, maneuvering past all the players."

"The Slytherin beaters can't even see us! It's back and forth until BAM!"

"I score the winning goal and receive praise for generations. The crowd's chanting! 'POTTER, POTTER, POTTER!' After which I fly down like it was nothing"-

"and accept the medallion from Mcgonagall." Alicia concludes their interchanging description.

"Great Weasley beaters huh?" Fred says with a proud smile. I shake my head.

"Of course that's all that's on your mind you pompous git."

"Oi! Look who's talking!"

"What a comeback. Look at me, I'm trembling."

"All this talk of flying is making me sick." Lee says with a grimace making (Y/N) and Alicia scoff.

"Lee! Everyone in the group is gonna be on the team!" Fred exclaims as we all nod along with him.

"C'mon Lee!" (Y/N) pouts as I give him my best puppy dog eyes.

"Do it for me, your best mate." I say with a lip quiver as he fake gags at me.

"You'll never catch me in the air on one of those death machines."

"You can be our cheerleader then." Alicia says with a grin as (Y/N) gets a laughing fit and Lee glows red.

"What's a cheerleader?" Fred whispers to me as I shake my head.

"We'll ask dad later."

"I am NOT a cheerleader!" Lee exclaims.

"Calm down, Lee. I'm just saying you'd ought to put those squeals of yours to use." Alicia cooly responds as (Y/N) "Ooh"s.

He glares at Alicia but grows increasingly nervous as Alicia steps towards him.

"Have fun watching me from the stands, Jordan. Perhaps you could be an announcer if you could struggle to take your eyes off me for once and take a look at the score."

Fred and mine's eyes widen as (Y/N) and Alicia fist bump and walk away from us.

I turn to Lee to see him choking on his own spit.

Fred pats him on the back as Lee gets his breath back.

"There, there, Lee. Calm down."

"Oh shut it, Fred."

ALICIA POV

"Alicia that was so cool!" (Y/N) beams next to me.

I smile at her and look forward. "He was getting a little annoying anyways. Hopefully quidditch tryouts will help me get my mind off of things."

"Hell yeah!" (Y/N) says making me giggle. "So is anyone also we know trying out?"

"Yeah. Angie said she'd try out with me." I say with a small smile.

"Is Katie trying out?"

"No, she HATES heights- almost as much as Lee."

"You know, I think he's actually going to try out for announcer now just to spite you."

"Oh great- that's fantastic."

"No way Mcgonagall will let him, though." (Y/N) says. I nodded along and sighed with relief.

"Yeah, I'd like to see him and the twins pull that off."

"The one person they can't fool is Mcgonagall. Trust me, we tried to set up a prank in her office and we had to write an essay about respect." She says with a shudder.

"I swear, you all"-

"Hey, Alicia!"

"AH!"

I turn to Angelina with a glare as she giggles and shoves me playfully.

"Why do you always have to scare me?"

"It's my special skill." She grins at me and I tense up again.

"Tsk- whatever."

"Hey, Angie."

She perks up at (Y/N)'s voice and smiles.  "Hey, (Y/N). I heard you're trying out this year too. Are you also going for chaser?"

She nods happily. "Hopefully we all make it."

"Yeah, I hear Fred and George are trying out too, is that right?"

"Yup."

"Is Lee trying out?"

"No, he's afraid of heights." I say.

"That's a shame. I thought he was kinda cute." She nudges me as I stiffen up once more and look down.

"Yeah, haha."

"You okay, Alicia?"

"Oh yeah, I'm good." I say with a smile. Why did I feel so uncomfortable all of a sudden?

"Well, it's been nice talking to you Alicia but I've gotta head to the library and meet up with Katie. Bye guys!"

"Bye!" (Y/N) waves.

"Do you think she likes Lee?" I ask (Y/N) as we watch her leave.

"Why would you care, Alicia?" She says with a smirk as I blush.

"I don't know! I'm just wondering!" I say with a flush as (Y/N) laughs at me.

"I'm not sure. You should ask her."

"Huh- maybe I will."

FRED POV

"Alright, it's time to go right?" I ask George.

"Yup, you sure you don't wanna try out, Lee?" He asks as Lee feverishly shakes his head.

"Yes, I'm 100% sure."

"Alright, suit yourself."

"Onward Weasley! Let's march!"