First Day Pt. 2

(Y/N) POV

As we entered the dungeon, the Ravenclaws all seemed to be seated already. The Gryffindors were piling in.

"Hey, I heard Snape's a real git to Gryffindors, let's sit in the back." Alicia whispered, grabbing my hand. We sat with Lee closest to the wall, then Alicia, then George, then me, then Fred.

Almost immediately after everyone sat down, a man with straight black hair and pale features appeared.

"QUIET!" He barked, catching everyone's attention and making some people stiffen up.

"There will be no foolish wand-waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion-making. However, for those select few.." He said, keeping his eyes ahead. "Who possess, the predisposition... I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper in death. I am Professor Snape, during class you will not speak unless addressed to do so. You will keep your eyes forward at all times. If I hear or see anything out of the ordinary, you will be sent directly to Dumbledore. Do I make myself clear?" Snape drawled, eying the Gryffindors.

"Yes sir" chorused around the class as some students just nodded silently.

"I'd expect so." He snarled, eying the Gryffindors.

"Today we will be brewing a simple potion: The Draught of Peace. Everyone get out your textbooks. You will partner with those closest to you in groups of two or three. I will come around to assign said partners. When you come to collect ingredients, you will all share one cauldron and one student from each group will walk here to retrieve what they need." He said pointedly.

He then walked around the class, partnering students. Finally he got to me.

"Ah Ms. Potter," He began, catching some students' attention. "our newest celebrity."

"Professor Snape." I nodded to him with a straight face I made sure to carry. It felt strange seeing someone from Remus's stories as my professor, it made me pity all the bullying he went through that put him in such a crappy mood all the time.

"Tell me, will I be expecting any incompetence from you as I saw with your father." He asked with a twisted face.

"Your judgement of my father is obviously flawed, as you were both students and you had no ability to properly assess others. However, I assure you that I hold skill in potion making that I will continue to build no matter how you think of me." I said to him, trying to remain professional.

"And how would you know of your father, I'm sure toddlers don't posses memories very well. Nine years seems like an awfully long time to keep up his status when you haven't seen him." He said back, leaning closer to me.

Tears pricked my eyes as Fred, George, Alicia, and Lee all glared at Snape.

"We don't speak ill of the dead professor. Now if you could assign me a partner I'd like to actually do something this class." I said, visibly  tensed.

He glared at me and stepped back.

"You two." He said pointing at Alicia and George. "And you two." He pointed at Lee and Fred.

"What about (Y/N)?" Alicia asked, anger in her eyes.

"Well, if Ms. Potter is so astute at potion making, I'm sure she can do it alone." He said with a sickly smile.

"Gladly." I said coldly, slamming open my potions book.

Finally, Snape left and I got to work.