Welcome to Hogwarts

(Y/N) POV

As Lee, Fred, George and I make plans for future pranks and how to give them my notes and homework in class so they don't completely fail, the train reaches a screeching halt.

"Come on guys, get your stuff!" I say excitedly as I reach to gather my belongings.

Lee chuckles at my enthusiasm. "I left some stuff in my other compartment, I'll be right back." He says. Fred, George, and I leave the compartment talking excitedly about the year.

"Have your brothers told you anything about the teachers?" I ask. At this note Fred beams.

"Oh loads! Dumbledore's a real genius, he's headmaster. Then there's McGonnagall, strict but really cool. The rest are okay, you'll probably die of boredom in Mr. Binn's class. And then there's Snape. From what I hear the man's a real pain in the arse, especially to Gryffindors!" He said.

"Reckon we're gonna prank him a lot." I say with a grin.

"Reckon we are." George replies with a smirk.

After a little we find Lee and regroup over to the boats.

"Bloody Hell." Lee says quietly as we get in eyesight of the castle.

"It's gorgeous." I say in awe.

"I bet there are lots of secret passageways and stuff in there." Fred says, nudging my shoulder.

"Think we'll need a map?" George asks with a grin.

"I'm sure we'll find something like that when we need one." Fred says with a smile.

"All right, Firs' years, follow me." A very deep and booming voice calls out to us.

"Hagrid!" George exclaims.

"Hagrid's the best!" Fred adds as we all clamber over to the voice from earlier.

"Now everyone get yer groups tog'ther of 'bout three or four 'n find a boat." He says. Finally I'm able to get a good look at him, he's extremely tall and large. His face is mostly covered by his beard but nonetheless there's a warm and gentle energy to him.

Lee, Fred, George, and I all walk over to a boat and get in.

"What house do you want to be in Lee?" I ask, not hearing his opinion on it earlier.

"Gryffindor, definitely. I wouldn't hate being in another house though." He said with a smile and a shrug. I smile at him and look back at the castle with a nervous and excited feeling coursing through me.

~.~.~

As we arrive George, then Lee, then Fred get out with Fred helping me out.

"Thanks Freddy." I say with a smile.

"No problem, come on let's go!" He said tugging me towards the castle near Lee and George. I smile at his energy and laugh excitedly.

"Attention first years!" A feminine but stern voice calls out over the sea of students.

"That's McGonagall." George whispers to me with a small nudge on the shoulder. My smile slightly grows as she continues her speech about the houses.

"Now please, everyone." She says with a smile.
She dramatically opens the huge doors behind her with her wand.
"Welcome to Hogwarts!"

The chatter of excitement is heard all around me. Our group heads forward and enters "The Great Hall" as McGonnagall mentioned it.

After a bit, a McGonagall reappeared, but this time on a stage next to a hat on a stool that I hadn't noticed before.