You're Welcome

~*~

A Few Months Ago

~*~

(Y/N) POV

"Harry you can't just go putting yourself in danger! A troll? Seriously?"

"It was fine, I already got an earful from McGonagall anyways. You don't need to lecture me."

"No I think I do because this wouldn't be coming from McGonagall, I'm your last remaining family. You and Remus are all I have left! I can't watch you not care for yourself like that. I can't watch you die when I just got to meet you."

He looks at the floor and pulls his arms to him. His hands cling to his sleeves. I grimace and hold my forehead.

"Look, I love you, okay? There's someone out there that loves you. So please, don't treat yourself like there isn't."

He nods stiffly. I sigh and walk over to him and put my arms around him.

"I'm not telling you to not have fun. Let's just- compromise. If you ever need help, with anything. You come to me. Okay?"

He holds me tightly and nods. He shoves his face in my shoulder and I feel his tears dampen it.
"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to, I"-

"It's okay, it's okay. Just please trust me."

"Okay."

~*~
Present Day
~*~

I finish telling Fred about Harry and I's talk we had a few days after Halloween. I purse my lips and tap my fingers on my leg anxiously.

"You didn't sound weird to me. Or demanding or anything." He offers with a small smile as I sigh.

Harry's in the hospital wing right now asleep. I don't know why but I have this horrible feeling something awful happened to cause it. I tried asking Ron and Hermione but they wouldn't say anything.

"I just don't know why he wouldn't tell me about it. I could've helped! It's not like first year spells are the most useful things in the world."

"I know, you would've helped them a lot. But maybe they didn't have time or maybe they felt like they had it under control." He says while patting my shoulder.

My eyebrows crease in worry and I turn to him. "I'm sorry I'm just rambling. I just want him to wake up, you know? It's freaking me out."

"I know, (Y/N). We can just stay here a while, if that helps." He gestures to the Room of Requirement and I smile slightly.

"Thanks, Freddie, but I think it's time we head back"-

"Uh- wait!" He grabs my wrist as I try to stand.
"I actually need to talk about something else."

I wait for him to continue and he takes a deep breath.
"It's about George."

My eyebrows raise in surprise. "Did something happen?"

"Well, that's the thing, I don't really know. He's been acting really weird and I- I just don't get it." He frowns.

I try to think back on George's behavior but I shake my head. "I'm sorry, Fred, I can't really think of anything he's done. But you know him way better than me, so tell me about it." I smile at him and he nods.

"Well, I started noticing it a few days ago. Lee actually brought it up to me too. It's like he's pretending to be happy all the time when he isn't and I don't know why. He usually tells me about this stuff." He looks down and wrings his hands.

"He's pretending to be happy?"

"Like- I feel like right now he's sad all the time. He's smiling but every once in a while his face will fall and you'll see that he's upset. And then when he smiles again- well- he might as well not be smiling." Fred speaks increasingly quickly as I notice his hands getting more fidgety.