Trust Dumbledore

(Y/N) POV

"Oh, check this out. It's Mum right after she finished making your room."

"What's that on her head?"

"Flour. Dad tried to bake a cake."

Harry smiled at the photograph and chuckled when Mum glared at Dad.

"Where were you, (Y/N)?"

"Probably over at Remus's place."

"Oh. Was Remus my godfather too?"

I almost grimace at the subject of Sirius but smile nonetheless.

"No, actually, when Mum was first pregnant Remus would be the godfather if it was a girl and Sirius if it was a boy. So, your godfather is their other old friend."

"Really?" Harry grins at me and I force a smile.
"Is he okay? Does he know I know I'm magic now?"

"Well- you'll learn about Sirius soon enough, but just know he's not really in a state right now to take anyone in."

Harry deflates and I frown. I almost say something but he smiles again and turns to me.
"Well what did Dumbledore say about me living with you and Remus?"

I purse my lips at the memory.

~*~
Two Days Earlier:
~*~

"This makes absolutely no sense!"

"(Y/N)." I can hear Fred trying to coax me from the couch but I don't care.

"I mean to think- he's eleven for Merlin's sake. He's orphaned. He's got perfectly good family willing to take him in!"

"Well"-

"But NO. Instead he's going to keep living in that hellhole. And why? According to Dumbledore: 'You'll learn why soon enough.' I mean- are you SERIOUS?"

I hear him sigh.

"And the worst part of all? Harry isn't permitted to even MEET Remus until, and this is Dumbledore's wording, 'it's time for him to.' What the HELL does THAT mean? I"-

I can't continue when I realize Fred has shoved a piece of candy in my mouth. I glare at him and he rolls his eyes.
"Let's sit down, okay?"

I reluctantly nod and he drags me to the couch. I continue eating the candy as I look at the moving constellations above us. At least the Room of Requirement was calming.

"Alright," Fred begins, "Let's sort out what we know. First, Harry living situation is.. not ideal."

"Try abusive." I mumble as he gives me a look. I roll my hand to tell him to continue.

"Next, Dumbledore is the smartest, most capable wizard in the world. And finally, he wouldn't let Harry die under his watch."

"Oh but letting him get close to it is okay? He just learned to fly and he was drafted to the team immediately. Plus, he almost choked on the snitch in his first game! And his broom lost control! And a troll was able to infiltrate the school! And not to mention his detention was in the DARK FOREST. Think about that!"

"Okay fine, let's say you're right and Dumbledore's gone completely mad."

I huff. "Well I didn't say"-

"What could we do about it anyways?"

I open my mouth to respond but then slump down. He's right, there's nothing we could really do about it.
"I just want to keep him safe, Fred. But it seems like nobody else gives a damn about it."