Fred the Knight

(Y/N) POV

After quidditch tryouts, I tell George I'm heading to the Room of Requirement to talk to Fred.

"Alright, see you later!"

"Bye, George!"

After a few minutes I reach the correct corridor.

"Let's see, what would Fred be thinking of?"

I contemplate a bit before deciding on "somewhere where I can be alone."

I walk by it three times and open the door. I call out for him.

"Fred!"

When the only response I get is the echo of my own voice, I call again.

"Fred!"

GEORGE POV

"Fred?"

I question the figure under his covers.

"What are you doing here? (Y/N) went to the Room of Requirement looking for you."

I hear a sigh from the bed.

"I don't want to bother her with this." I furrow my brows at this and frown. His voice is hoarse like he'd been crying.

"Alright, scooch over." I say tapping his shoulder. When he moves I lay down next to him and cross my arms under my head. It's silent for almost two minutes as I wait for him to feel comfortable enough to speak.

"I'm sorry."

"Hey, there's nothing to be sorry for."

"I feel stupid. This happens all the time."

"I know, Freddie. It's okay."

He shuffled further beneath the covers.

"I don't think you're stupid, Fred. There's nothing stupid about this. You did better than all those other gits anyway. Oliver saw it. And you know what? I'm pretty sure you're gonna be a beater."

"You think?" I could practically hear the grin and surprise in his voice.

"Mhm. Best beater Gryffindor- no- Hogwarts has ever seen. Unless I beat you to it of course." I say and grin as he smacks my shoulder for that comment.

"You don't think that was embarrassing?"

"No way. You're the only one that actually hit Angie. If anything, everyone else should be embarrassed- they couldn't even get close."

"Yeah." He says softly, making me lean in as I almost didn't hear him from under the blanket.

It's quiet again.

"Thanks, George."

"No problem, Weaslebum."

(Y/N) POV

After going out and trying a few more thoughts Fred might've had to get in I give up and slump next to the door.

It had been almost an hour since I got here.

Did he really not trust me enough to talk to me? I thought we'd grown close after these two years. Especially after the first time I went here. We came here together anytime we had any issue after that. I vented often about studies and he spoke about his own insecurities, mainly in his intellect. It was basically tradition at this point and for him to not come basically felt like a slap in the face.

I got distracted from my thoughts when I jump from feeling a hand on my shoulder.

"What have we got here? You know it's just past curfew, girl." A gravely voice says to me which I recognize as belonging to Filch, even though I can't make out his face clearly from the bright lantern he's shining in my face.