Girl Problems Part Two

~*~
Seven Years Ago
~*~

George POV

"I think I feel sick."

"There's no need to feel sick Freddie! It'll be fun."

He pouts and shakes at Mum.

"It's okay."

She looks at him, concerned, and pushes him to the other children.

"C'mon, I promise they'll like you as long as you act like yourself. Goodness knows you're always bouncing from wall to wall in the house."

He clings tighter to her dress but once she pries him off, he cautiously approaches me and the other kids.

"Fred!" I beamed, smiling wide enough for him to see both my missing teeth.

"Hi George, can I play?"

"Yes please!" I reach for him and introduces him to my "best friends" that I had met just a few minutes ago.

"So you just pick up the sand and through it as high as you can!" I demonstrate, watching it cloud up in the sky.
"Now you try!"

Fred leans down, grabs a fistful of sand, and tosses it as high as he can. His eyes are closed right in anticipation and he's holding his breath. He peeks with one eye open at his throw, and gasps at how high he threw it.

"My turn next!" One of the other boys yells out. Fred doesn't notice, though. His attention is on me, and both of us sport almost identical smiles, or so Mum said.

"I told you it'd be fun." I whisper, as Fred pushes me lightly.

"Whatever." He giggles.

When the sun began to go down, Mum spent about 20 minutes trying to convince us to leave. We built sand castles and swam. It was our first time at a beach. As Fred and I raced each other home, I thought to myself, "I wish everyday was like this."

~*~
A week before present day
~*~

"Um, Georgie? Are you listening." Angelina smiles in an attempt to hide her awkwardness. My eyes shoot open and I look at her.

"Yeah, no, no, I was listening." I plaster a smile and sigh in relief when she doesn't seem upset with me.

My minds been drifting, mostly to Fred. I miss him, I don't know why but I feel like we're drifting apart. He doesn't seem to tell me what's wrong anymore. I feel awkward asking, just because, I've never really had to before. We always knew what we were both thinking, but now, it's different. And I don't like it. Lee's my best friend at the moment, and I love Lee, but he's not my brother. I purse my lips and contemplate going to Lee. I think that'd be best, he'd know what to-

"George?"

I groan in annoyance.
"You know what Angie, I actually just remembered I had something important to do upstairs, yeah?" I smile exaggeratedly and grab my belongings quickly.

"But George"-

"Bye!" I walk quickly up the stairs and ignore the tension I caused in that room. I feel a little guilty about being annoyed, it wasn't her fault. But I really need to talk to Lee right now, he'll understand. I know he could help me.

"We need to talk."

My eyes widen when I see Alicia talking with Lee. I scoff. What does she want?

"Um- what?" Lee backs up slightly, a little confused and visibly anxious. I frown in concern.

"I- look- I tried to write a letter but it didn't really work. I just need to talk to you about, well, us."

Lee stays silent but, after a moment, he relaxes. I look in disbelief. He's not seriously going to listen to this is he?