Chapter 19

Even when I tried to clear my mind during the shower I couldn't. I can't stop thinking. It's so hard to concentrate in just one thought at a time. If we choose the wrong contract is going to hunt us and I will not let myself pick the wrong one. But how can I know which one is the right one? 

I wrap my body around a towel and put another on my hair. I look at myself in the mirror noticing the grey circles under my eyes. I look exhausted, but hell I am. Being a mom is not easy work but I love being a mom to Jack. 

I love my baby boy to death. 

And thinking about him, I think it's time to put him to sleep. For some reason the house is quiet. I instantly get out of the bathroom to find an empty living room in front of my eyes. 

"Harry?" I call walking to the kitchen. 

The kitchen is empty. Okay...

"Are you in my room?" I open the door to find it empty as well. 

"Harry???" I call in a louder tone getting really anxious. 

"Where are you?" I run to Molly's room but there's no one there. 

Fuck. 

I run to grab my phone and call him. Should I call the police? 

Did he stole Jack?

Oh my god, fucking pick up the phone you bastard. 

It rings and rings and rings and suddenly I hear a phone ringing, is coming from outside of the door. I run and open it to find that stupid man called Harry holding the baby with one arm and a brown grocery bag with the other. 

"We went to.." He starts explaining but I cut him off.

"My baby!!!" I grab Jack from his arms. "You sick stupid fucker, you scared me!!!" I punch him with my free hand on his chest.

"Easy, easy! And watch your language Sienna." He widens his eyes coming inside of my apartment. 

I glance at the baby trying to work on my breathing. He's heavily sleeping and this... Asshole is concerned about my language. 

"Never go away without telling me, okay?" I say pointing my finger to him while he puts the bag down. 

I enter to my room closing the door behind me. I put Jack on his crib and grab my pajama dress I used early this morning. He really scared me back there and I don't understand why. I need to trust him with the baby, he's going to take care of him by himself someday and I have to be okay with that.

I dry my hair with the towel and brush it before going outside again. I find Harry with a bowl of cereal in front of him. 

"Sorry, you were in the shower and you didn't have an..." He starts speaking, apologizing to be exact but I cut him off. Again. 

"It's okay. I was just alarmed." I exhale sitting in front of him. I was just acting crazy. "It was the first time someone took him from me... And you are the father so I don't know why I was so worried." 

"I understand, I should've written a note or something." He smiles shyly at me, swallowing his food. His hair is now in a bun, making his eyes more prominent. It's kind of distracting.

"What did you get anyway?" I stand up and start running inside of the bag to distract me from those thoughts.

"Stuff. Milk for grown up people, chocolate chip cookies, baby carrots, olives..." He takes a spoon full of cheerios to his mouth.

"And bourbon?" I continue for him, rosing an eyebrow.

"Oh! And some whiskey. Maybe we'll need it." He bites his bottom lip and I shake my head with a giggle.