Chapter 23

Monday

Waking up to your phone buzzing in your side table it's hell worse than waking up to a crying baby. I open my eyes disoriented, forgetting where I am for a moment. 

The hotel. Yeah. 

I blink a few times and grab the phone, answering without looking who it is. 

"Hello?" My voice comes out slow and weak.

"Sienna! I'm glad you're awake." A british thick raspy voice speaks on the other side of the line. Shit. It's Harry. It's been a while since the last time we talked.

"Oh err- I wasn't. It's..." I look at the clock in the table. I yawn before continuing. "It's seven in the morning." 

"Woah, I'm sorry. I was bored and thought you guys be up." He says and I can almost feel his smile. "How are you?"

Even if I try to hide it, I miss him so damn much. I feel a warm feeling, butterflies in my stomach and all just by hearing his voice. I have to be strong and show him that I'm okay without him if I want my plan to work, but I just... miss him.

"Don't worry, I'm up now." I sit down, yawning a bit more, resting my back on the headboard. "I'm good, preparing for the moving. Where are you?" I try to sound casual.

"Shhh S, you're going to wake the baby." Jake says with a morning voice turning to the other side of the bed. 

Fuck. 

I hope Harry didn't hear that. Last night when I drove him back it started raining and I had no other choice than to stay. I didn't want to drive in the rain with Jack in the car. And as you can see there's only one bed, I was not going to make him sleep on the couch. 

"I'm in Italy at the- Who was that?" He stops mid sentence and all the blood drained of my face. 

Shit

I stand up slowly, sliding off the bed and walking outside of the room. 

"It was J-Jake." I say shyly, stuttering. Please don't hate me. Please.

"Oh." He simply says. 

An awkward silence fills our imaginary phone space and I blame myself for it. Why do I have to fuck things up? I know I have a plan but letting him know this soon was not part of it. I don't want him to think of me like that!

"It's not what it looks like." I say rapidly, trying to explain myself. "Last night I brought him back to the hotel and it started raining so I h-" he cuts me off.

"It's okay." He says, his voice a little bit down but sharp. No. "I'm glad you guys are liking each other so far." No, no-no, no!

"Harry I swear we didn't do anything." I say nervously, walking around the living room. "We only slept together- Shit, no-not like that, as in the same bed!" 

Gosh, shut up Sienna! You are ruining any future chance with Harry.

"It's okay, I..." He stops for a moment, a noise in the background fills the line as I hear a door slammed on the other side of the phone. His voice is down, breaking my heart slowly. "I wanted to see Jack but something came up, I have to go."

"Harry, please..." A tear I didn't know I was holding runs down my cheek. "Just let me explain." 

He can't leave. I can't let him. He's probably thinking the worst.

"I can't. I-" He stops, coughing a couple of times. "I'm sorry." 

The line goes dead instantly and I throw my phone to the couch, almost falling to the floor.