Chapter 39

The ride was long, too long for me to remain calm trapped in a car. The silence is consuming me, the only sound are my quiet sobs, but I just can't control it, even when Harry's hand is caressing mine, I can't keep my shit together. 

I failed as a mom, they took my baby. It's been almost twelve hours since the last time I saw him and it hurts so much not knowing where he is.

Is he okay? Is he hungry? Is he alive?

The most horrible thoughts are running in my mind, I'm trying to stay positive but there's nothing positive in this situation. They took my baby and I wasn't even present to save him. This is called kidnapping.

And it's so confusing... What did we do for this to happen? Break a contract? That's not enough reason for them to take my kid, my blood, my everything from me. He is just three -almost four- months old. He doesn't deserve this. We don't deserve this as a family. I'm destroyed, this is rock bottom.

"We are almost there honey, please stop crying." Harry glances at me for a second. "Don't let them see you in this state."

He's right. Even when I'm completely destroyed inside, I can't let them see me crumble. I'm stronger than that. I nod my head at him and try my best to stop the tears, taking a few deep breaths and finally succeeding.

When Harry called them last night, Tim personally told him that they know our whereabouts and if we wanted to see the baby again we needed to be at this unknown place in the city first thing in the morning. I didn't sleep in the entire night, it was impossible.

I still don't know how I let this happen, how my mom let this happen. She was with Jake the whole time. Why did she let him leave with the baby? Why did he take him? Did they offer him money? Did he ever liked us at all?

A part of me knows Jake isn't capable of that, but right now it only makes sense that he was the one that took him. But, why?

I look in the mirror cleaning the rest of the tears away, my eyes are bloodshot red but I couldn't care less.

I didn't even notice that we enter to a parking lot until Harry parked the car. I glare at him and he seems lost, his green vivid eyes are nowhere to be found. He's taking this bettet than I expected, he's holding everything inside and I'm afraid he snaps in the most horrible way.

"Are you okay?" I ask him, my voice low and weak.

We both are trying our best to remain strong.

He slowly nods his head with his eyes to the floor. I take his hand and with the other I move his face to look at me.

"I love you. No matter what happens up there, I do and I always will." I fight back the knot in my throat while speaking.

He moves his thumb to my cheek running his finger there. "I don't know what I did to deserve you." He says with half a smile on his face, he moves my face closer to his and peck my lips. "I love you."

We get off the car and he instantly takes my hand. We walk inside of the building and it seems like a normal business building, a few men in suits are walking here from there and I already feel nauseous because I know I'm about to face Tim. We don't ask for directions, we just get inside of the elevator pressing the sixth floor. A few other women enter and on our way up I hear one of them notice us.

"Look, it's Harry Styles." I hear one of them goosh to the other.

"Oh my god, it is!" The other says quietly. "But who is she?"

Harry notices and grasp my hand tightly, running his thumb on the back of my hand.

Oh, I do love this boy.