Chapter 38

{Credits to @jaysmanips on ig for the photo}

"Do you mind if we go take a walk?" Molly stands in the hall, looking at the three of us in the couch. Harry, the baby and me. "You don't mind staying alone, do you?"

"Not at all. Sure, go ahead." I say as she bites her bottom lip.

"The baby is coming too." My mom shouts from the other room.

I glance at Harry and he moves his shoulders up, telling me he doesn't mind. But I still get a little scared everytime I'm not with him. With everything that happened lately I've become paranoid. But I need to just shake it off, my son needs to see the sun, he needs some vitamin D on him.

"Sure. Let me go pack his bag." I stand up, taking him with me.

While I prepare his diaper bag, I take a moment to think about all that happened the past few days.

We've been acting like a normal family. This is the last week my mom is staying here because she needs to go back to her job, she says everything is under control as long as we stay hidden. But I don't know, I have a bad feeling, I hope it's just my paranoia.

She's been acting too kind to us. She taught us some self defense techniques and she's been spending a lot of time with her grandson, he really likes her.

Sometimes I stare at her and remember all the happy times we shared with my dad and I feel so grateful to still have her around. I miss my dad, I know he would have love Jack so much. And I'm glad she is doing well, or at least, she is really good at pretending she is.

"Ready?" Molly enters to the room and I nod my head, zipping the bag and giving it to her.

"If he starts crying he's probably hungry." I hand her the baby. "Or tired. And don't doubt to call us if something happens."

"Jeez, don't worry. Your mom is coming as well." She says with a shy smile on her face.

I know where this is going.

Jake came to visit us on the weekend and he decided to stay a little while. I can tell Molly likes him, she acts so shy around him, she even blush when he talks to her. It's kind of cute to see her swoon for a boy.

"Oh, is she?" I say, now realizing I'm staying alone in the house with Harry.

"Yes." She giggles, glancing around to see if someone's listening. "I'm nervous. Do I look great? Is my make up okay?"

I chuckle, shaking my head. "Yes, you look great." I say, brushing her hair off her face with my fingers. "There, now you're perfect."

"Oh my. Wish me luck." She says before stepping out to the living room.

"Good luck." I whisper just for her to hear and she smiles at me.

My mom is standing by the door with the stroller and her handbag. Jake is next to my mom staring at Molly, checking her up from head to toes. I can't believe this is happening. Jake and Molly. Who would have thought?

"We are going to the park and then we are going to grab something to eat before dawn. Do you want something dear?" My mom says breaking the tension between them two.

"Oh no. We can make dinner. Just go and have fun." I give her a kiss on the cheek before she opens the door.

"Well, let's go peeps." She says pointing the exit to Molly, who is inmobile in the presence of Jake.

"Oh, yes. Yes. Bye guys." She says walking with her flustered cheeks out the door.

"Drive safe." I say to Jake. He is smirking widely.