Chapter 45

"A date!?" My face illuminates. Was this the expected surprise? "That's the present?"

"Yes, baby." He smiles showing me his dimple. "Shall we go now?"

"Uh, sure." I say, pressing my lips together. 

"Say goodbye to mummy, Jack." Harry kisses the baby and gives him to me.

I take him in my arms, hugging him tightly. The baby doesn't understand what is happening, he slubbers over my jacket and he plays with the loosen strings. I smell his little head, the most divine smell on earth. I kiss his cheek, placing a lot of kisses there and making him laugh. My eyes water, but its something I can't control. Before I change my mind I give the baby to Lucy, cleaning a single tear that almost leave my eye.

"Take care of him, okay?" I say, my finger still holding his tiny hand. "He likes to watch Peppa Pig before going to sleep. And he loves his blankie, its on the diaper bag."

"If he doesn't want to go to sleep, play the CD I gave you. It will calm him." Harry comes next to me. "Or call us, if anything happens."

"Will do. And don't worry, we're going to have so much fun. Right, Jack?" Lucy grabs his little hand making a little jump. 

"Okay." I let a breathe out, trying to calm myself. "We should go now before he notices. Its harder if he see us." 

"Okay." Harry grabs my hand, walking slowly to the car. 

"Bye, baby." I say to myself, looking at the baby as I step inside of the car.

We both enter and the driver closes the car door for us. I watch as Lucy enters to the other car, never loosing sight of Jack. Dale enters right after them. I feel terrible, like if someone took something from me. But he is okay, everything will be okay. Its just a few hours. He is safe. 

'Just until midnight.' I say to myself in my head.

"Babe." Harry holds my hand, resting our enlaced fingers on his leg. "I promise Jack's gonna be okay. He's in good hands."

"I know. Its... Its just hard for me to let him go." I say with a sad smile. "Can you imagine when he goes to school? Wow. I'm going to be a sobbing mess."

"But a cute sobbing mess." He hugs me, my head resting on his chest. "And of course I'll be there to console you afterwards."

"I hope so." I smile, feeling a little better now. 

"Should we get on the road now?" The driver asks from the front seat. 

"Yes, please." Harry responds to the driver. 

I look back watching how we get far from the other car, I sigh. It doesn't feel good to leave him behind. I fight back the urge to cry, pressing Harry's hand and making conversation, I need to distract myself.

"Why a date?" I look at him, his eyes focused on the road in front of us. "I mean, we were boyfriend and girlfriend. Is not like we don't know each other." 

"Well, I realized that we actually never dated, we went directly to the relationship part." He looks at me biting his lip. "Now that we are taking things slow, I want to take you on a formal date." He says, touching my chin with his index finger and thumb. 

That's really sweet of him. All this time we have known each other I never put attention to it, its true. We never dated. I guess having a kid together and being totally consumed by the other makes it easier to instantly fall for each other. 

"I think its a lovely idea." I say, right before I peck his lips. "A lovely, lovely christmas present."

"Oh, and look what I brought with me." He moves for a second to take something out of his coat pocket.