Chapter 31 - Part III: Management

"Tell me again why did they let you work but not me?" I ask Jake who is now getting ready to leave. 

It's almost nine in the morning on a Wednesday and it's his first day at work. Apparently he talked with management and they thought it was a great idea for him to get a job, a real one. Well, it's not an actual job because he is going to be a model but I still don't understand why they agreed to this. 

If he has a job so can I. We are a 'couple', this was supposed to be our job, I deserve the same right to have a parallel job then. 

"Because you need to take care of the baby. No nanny agreement, remember?" He says accommodating the neck of his bottom up shirt in front of the mirror. 

"It's so unfair. I spent most of my days bored not knowing what to do except of changing diapers. I need a life." I cross my arms on my chest. 

I love spending time with my little Jack, he is everything to me, I love him. But as much as I love being a mom, I'm forgetting how to be me. Sienna. The graduated bachelor in social science. Being a mom occupies my entire time.

Jake walks to me placing a hand on my shoulder gaining my attention. I look at him, he is really handsome, no wonder how they hired him as a model. 

"What about you come with me? I could use some company on set." He grins at me and I grin back. 

"Can I?!" I ask excitedly. 

I have never been on a photoshoot before. And just the fact of having the chance to leave the house for a little while excites me. 

"Of course. It's just a photoshoot for a magazine, it's not a big deal." He says turning around to check himself on the mirror once again. "Why don't you go and get ready? I need to be there by ten." 

"Okay!" I walk with a smile on my face stepping in my room. 

I always have a diapers bag ready for Jack with clean clothes, diapers, milk and toys. I read somewhere that it saves you time for when you have to go out. And it's true, I just need to focus on what to wear and grab the baby and go. 

It's funny how excited I am for leaving the house. Don't get me wrong, I love it here, but for some reason I don't feel like home in here, it just feels like a little cell. 

Yes, I can go out whenever I want but it's always raining and it's so cold outside. This Monday I tried to go to the park. I stayed there for ten minutes and it started raining. So I just went to the corner shop, bought ice cream and went back home. That's my life lately. 

I miss Molly. I'm sure London would be so much fun with a friend here. And Jake is my friend but he's not a girl. I need some girl time. 

"Ready?" Jake asks from my door and I shake my head. 

I don't know what to wear. It's a photoshoot, there are going to be stylists there, models, important people. 

"I'm not sure if to go with a skirt or the skinny jeans." I grab the two options from my closet. He points to the skinny jeans and I nod. 

"Fifteen minutes." He announces and leaves my room. 

I get ready in time, having a little extra time to put my hair in a messy pony tail and put on a jean jacket. I dress Jack rapidly, I grab the bag and head downstairs, where Jake is playing with the car keys. 

When he is driving to the unknown destiny my phone rings. It's my mom. 

I haven't talked to her in a while, I answer instantly. We talked for the entire twenty minutes it took to get to the building where the photoshoot is located.