Chapter 22

After a good hour of planning the next few months, we signed another vow of silence and keep talking about future plans. I guess I don't have other choice than move to London with Jake. I have a plan in mind and I really want it to work. I need to be very carefull and very profesional. First, I need to make sure if Harry has something to do with the hiring of Jake.

And for some reason, I know he does.

On the other hand... My mom is going to break apart when I tell her the news. How am I going to explain this to her? Or to Molly? They are the only family I have, I can't leave them. 

"Do you want another?" Jake asks me holding my empty beer bottle. I'm so deep in my thoughts that I didn't realize I drank three bottles, I should stop before I get tipsy.

"No, thanks." I smile at him rocking Jack in my arms. He's falling asleep slowly. 

After a little fake chat Tim stands up rearranging his papers. He grabs his briefcase looking at us. 

"Well, this suite is rented for one week. You are supposed to leave next Friday." He buttons his jacket. 

A week. 

"Please make an appointment to check Jack's health before the flight. I'm sure he can fly being one month old." He walks towards us. "Till next time." 

"Let me walk you to the door." Jake stands up leading Tim out of the room. 

One week is literally a really short time. I need to do a lot of things this week. How am I going to manage to do everything in just one week? I can't stop thinking about my mom, she's going to be devastated. And all the packing, this is awful. 

Jake enters to the room once again with a weird look on his face. 

"What?" I ask in a low tone. He smiles with his lips closed. I place Jack in a cushion next to me and make a little improvised crib in the couch. I should have brought the stroller.

"Nothing, you are just a great mum. All of this you're doing just for him." He comes closer sitting in front of me.

"Well, I don't have a choice." I run my hand in the back of my forearm. 

"Why? Why did Harry let this happen?" He asks crossing his leg. 

"It was his idea actually. It was too dangerous to be seen together." I explain to him while playing with my fingers. 

This conversation is making me sad and angry. I still can't believe he made me do this. 

"Oh, I understand." He rest his head in the back of the couch. "I know it's not my business but how did you guys met?" 

"It's quite the story." I let a small laugh out. It was a great night. "He came to me in a bar, he was flirting with me and then he came straight to what he wanted. A quick hook up."

"And you said yes?!" He asks widening his eyes. 

"Of course I did. He's Harry Styles. I was a big fan back then. I never liked the idea of being a groupie but... It's an opportunity I couldn't pass." I say pressing my lips in a line. 

"And you got pregnant with a one night stand? Woah, that's... Pretty unfortunate." He brings his eyebrows up. "I mean, if he were an unknown guy, you couldn't have found him." 

"Yeah, even though I never planned on telling him. But a lot of things happened, I had to." I turn to look at Jack. After everything that happened, he was the sun after the storm. 

"I'm glad you did. I wouldn't be here otherwise." He chuckles leaning to rest his elbows on his kness, holding his head. "How am I going to pretend I'm his father when he looks exactly like him?"