Chapter 44

Long warm hugs and sweet kisses on the cheek filled the foyer as we said our goodbyes. Everyone left the house with bright smiles and presents under their arms. The evening went by fast, and I have to say, its been a while since the last time I had a bit of family time.

And it feels good.

The only people left in the house are Harry close friends and young cousins. Even Gemma decided to go to sleep early, she has a flight to catch tomorrow.

We all gather in the 'men cave', like Harry calls it. Is basically a room with two big couches, a big TV, a pool table, ping pong and table football. He has a library full of records next to a vinyl player. The dream of any male human being. There's a mini bar in the corner filled with beers, another paradise for them.

"I've never been inside this room before." I say to Harry, who's sitting next to me in the couch.

"Its a men cave for a reason." Niall chuckles, patting Harry's shoulder. "Where is the guitar I gave you?"

"In the studio downstairs, I've been composing with it." He gives Niall a smile, then winks at me. I know what song exactly. 

"Awesome." Niall grins back, a goofy smile.

When everyone is distracted in their own conversations, I feel a hand grasp my shoulder, making soothing circles over the fabric. As an instinct, I rest my head carefully on his chest, trying to not touch his ribs, his arm rounding me .It feels so good to be right here, almost hearing his heartbeat. I feel like he was never away, those two months blur as I feel his embrace.

"I have another present for you." He whispers to my ear, I glance at him from my spot, he is hiding a grin on his lips. 

"What?" I sit looking at him, my legs crossed on the couch. "You do?"

"Yup." His lips pop when he pronounce the P. 

"I feel terrible now for only getting you a polaroid." I chuckle, shaking my head. 

Right after Jack fell asleep when we were listening to the song, we went downstairs to open our gifts. I bought his at the last minute, a week ago I didn't even know he was going to be here. I chose the camera because is an easy way to have a memory with you forever, he really liked it. I also received gifts, a beautiful cashmere scarf from Gemma and a cute pandora bracelet from Anne. 

"Hey, your gift is awesome. I didn't have one." He pulls me closer to him. "Thank you."

"Yeah, right. Its just a camera. You wrote me a song." I say, crossing my arms on my chest. He laughs, placing a kiss on my head. 

"Well, you haven't received your real present. The song was mostly for Jack." He says, taking his beer to his lips. 

"Oh." I half smile, remembering the beautiful lyrics he wrote. "Then what's my present?" 

"Its a surprise." He gives me a smile, pinching my cheek. "And its not even here, you'll have to wait until we arrive to New York. I have everything settled."

"But that's two days from now!" I chuckle, my eyebrows moving up. 

"I know." He leans closer to me, placing a kiss on my cheek. "But its worth the wait." 

"Teaser." I whisper, turning to sit straight on the couch and crossing my arms once again.

I'm not really mad at him, I'm just pretending. I wonder what is it though. Why does it have to be in New York? Why can't he give me the present here?