Chapter 28

Falling asleep last night was a big challenge. That kiss was more powerful than any energy drink. I even dreamed about his lips. Those perfect, plump, soft, pink lips. Sadly I woke up from that dream with Jack crying beside me. 

I thought I was going to wake up with a killer hangover but it wasn't that bad. Just a slight headache, completely bearable. I took an advil and grabbed Jack and head downstairs. Jake is still sleeping, I guess.

I feed Jack first and then put him in his carrier so I can make some breakfast. 

The people from management took care of putting groceries for us before we came in here and I'm glad they did. I haven't seen much of the city so far so of course I didn't had time to go grocery shopping. Unpacking and decorating took most of my weekend.

And what a crazy first weekend in London.

Even when I try so hard to not think about that kiss I can't. I'm cooking scrambled eggs and here I am daydreaming about kissing his mouth again. I feel like a teenage girl after her first kiss. 

I put some bacon in the pan and I suddenly hear some steps in the kitchen and I turn around nervously. 

"Oh, hi! Didn't know you were up." I say to Jake who is now taking two pieces of bread into the toaster. 

"Yeah." He says, his face blank. He grabs a cup from the shelf. 

"How did you sleep?" I ask while he pours coffee into his mug. 

"Good." He sits on the counter stool with his cup on his hand. He sits with his back facing me.

Okay. He's being very quiet today, he's usually so talkative.

"Is there something wrong?" I ask him. I turn off the stove and serve the eggs in two plates.

"No. Everything is fine." His voice is neutral, no emotion in his tone.

Maybe he is just in a bad mood, I should give him so space. 

"Here." I put the plate in front of him and go get the toasts.  

He doesn't say thanks, which I find weird because he always does but I decide to not push it. If something is going on he will eventually tell me. 

We eat in a painful awkward silence. Thank god I had Jack by my side distracting me the whole time. I caught Jake staring at me with disgust in his eyes, it makes me question if I did something wrong. But I haven't done anything inappropriate, that I can recall.

Yeah, last night I was a bit drunk and I acted... Needy and childish but it has nothing to do with him.

I finish my plate first and I stand up to wash it right away. I couldn't stand to be in front of Jake, he's acting very weird. Just before going upstairs with Jack he finally breaks the silence.

"I'm going out to meet some friends. I'm taking the car." He stands up grabbing the car keys. It's now that I noticed he's wearing exercise clothes.

"Okay. At what time will you come back?"

"Why would you care?" He responds to me before walking out of the house slamming the door on his back.

Okay. I clearly wasn't expecting that attitude from him. And clearly Jack wasn't either, here he is crying from that loud door.

What is going on with him? 

I go upstairs and sit on my bed rocking Jack in my arms. Now I'm very worried. I doubt Jake is acting like this out of nowhere and I need to know if I did something bad to him last night that I can't remember. What if I offended him? Oh boy, I hope not. I like him.