Chapter 7

Two months later.

"This bump is almost ready to pop, in three weeks we can take this baby out of the oven." Lilian, my doctor, says making me laugh.

"What kind of joke is that?" I laugh again cleaning my belly. "But that means everything it's fine with the baby, right?" 

"Yeah, that baby is growing perfectly. We just need to wait for it to turn upside down and that's when we can take it out." She explains filling a form. "Aproximately birth date, 20 of September." 

"Wow, that's like, tomorrow." I say sitting up with difficult. I'm so huge right now, I feel like it's going to pop out in any moment. I never thought that being pregnant would be this heavy.

"It is." She says handing me the paper. "Show this the day you enter to the emergency room, they are going to transfer you to my side of the hospital right away."

"Okay. Is that all?" I put the paper inside of my bag. 

"Yes. I'll see you around Sienna. If the baby comes earlier than expected, call me and I check on you." She gives me a warm smile. "Take care." 

I walk through the aisle and call the elevator. At first I didn't like doctor Lilian, but then I noticed she was very professional. And date by date I realized she was really kind and comprenhensive, just the doctor you want to deliver with. I step out of the hospital and close my jacket tightly around my belly, it's been freezing lately.

Come on Dot, let's get us to the car. 

My dad helped me buy a car about a month ago, he told me to take it as a graduation present. I couldn't refuse. He's been acting weird lately, he comes almost every weekend to check on me and Dot. He helped me build the crib, he also bought a bunch of clothes, toys and more stuff for the baby. I dont know why is he so rushed but I guess he is nervous, it's his first grandchild after all. 

He keeps telling me stories about how important is a father figure for a child and things like "I'm not going to be here forever" but sometimes I just can't stand it, he is just telling me that because I didn't called Harry. I know it's important but...

I just couldn't do it. I promised myself to call him after seeing him that day but... I just couldn't. I don't have the guts to do it. I thought about any possible scenario and I'm not going to forgive myself if something wrongs happens to Dot if he shows up and decides to take care of the baby, I don't trust him, I barely know him. Also, if he refuses, I'm still going to be a single mom, so I decided to be a single mom myself and if Dot ever asks me about his father, then I would tell Dot the truth, but in the right time. 

On the other hand, my Mom has been really supportive with my decision, but it has been a while since the last time I saw her. She doesn't have a lot of free time at work and I understand completely. But she have sent me presents with dad, they are being so cute. And my work has been good too. My boss is taking a break so there's no much I have to do. 

I park my car in front of the building and get out of the car. My dad must be waiting for me inside, he called me this morning saying that he was on his way. We are going to an Opera my grandma used to take him, he got the tickets weeks ago. I climb up the stairs with difficulty, carrying this bump is not easy. I finally reach my floor, phew. 

"Dad?" I call him opening the door of the apartment. 

I see his keys on the bowl but there's no sign of him in the livingroom. Maybe he's in the bathroom. I walk to my room taking my coat and shoes off. I walk back to the living room and check the kitchen one more time. Weird. I walk to the bathroom to see if he's in there.

"Dad? Are you in there?" I ask knocking on the door. I hear the water running but no response. Weird. 

"Daddy? Is everything okay?" I knock on the door again, but then again, no response. 

I open the door slightly to find his body laying on the bathroom floor, why is he... Dad?!? Is that vomit?!

"Oh my god!!!" I kneel in front of him touching his kneck, looking for his pulse. 

"No, no, no!!!" I run back to my room looking for my phone, I empty my purse with no luck. "Come on, come on!!!" 

The phone was on my pocket all this time. I inmediatly dial 911 and they answer at the fourth ring. 

"911, how can I help you?" 

"Hi, I need an ambulance right away at Eastwood with fourth street. I found my dad uncouncious on the bathroom floor." I bite my thumb running again to the bathroom. He is so cold. 

"Okay ma'am, stay where you are. An unit is coming right now. Stay calm." The man tries to calm me, failing big time.

"No, so please, hurry." I can't help but cry. This isn't happening, it isn't. "Save him!" 

This is not happening. My dad, the man who taught me how to walk, how to change a tire, the man who held me when I was crying back in high school because someone broke my heart, the person who drove me to my first day of college, my father... He's now laying at my bathroom floor with no beat on his veins.

This can't be true. Wake up Sienna, this is just a nightmare, this isn't true. It's not true.

-

My dad died two days ago. His heart was failing since a while ago and he kept it from me to protect the baby. A blood clot reached his brain, producing a convulsion. He died instantly, the doctors couldn't do anything to save him, it was too late. 

I never thought I could cry this much, I feel a pressure in my chest that never goes away. Everything reminds me of him. Every kick of Dot, every country song on the radio, even the lame comercials on the TV. This hurts, so much.

I could'nt stay at my place with Molly, that was the place he died and I never want to be there again. Besides, my mom needs company. She is still in shock, she haven't cried once since I called her to tell her the news. She is trying to be strong for the both of us but she is going to break at some point and I need to be with her when that happens.

He was so excited to have a grandchild and now he is never going to meet Dot. I know it wasn't my fault but... If only I have arrived earlier... I wish this wouldn't hurt this much.

[I'm so sorry for this chapter hahaha I hate writing sad stuff but it had to happened, you will understand in the next chapters!!! :'( I was a fan of Sierra's dad tbh.]