Chapter 43

Three days later

Today its Christmas Eve. Harry is hosting a Christmas dinner party at his place and of course he invited us to come. I'm dressing Jack in a very festive sweater with a reindeer on it and I'm wearing one alike, its an old tradition of my family. And speaking about family, my mom couldn't make it today, she always works on Christmas Eve at the local dinner, they serve food to the homeless. I'm going to miss her a lot today, specially because is the first Christmas without my dad. We used to visit her at the dinner to have some family time every single year, memories I will never forget. 

Now I have a family on my own, I guess I need to start new traditions.

I finish dressing Jack and then focus on me. I put my ugly sweater on and a black skirt with black warm tighs, its freezing outside. I decide to wear heels, I want to look good for Har... For myself. I can't lose track, we are still taking things slow.  I put a bit of make up on my face and let my hair fall in curls, I look pretty decent.

After making Jack's diaper bag, I put our coats on and grab the presents for Harry's family, some things I bought at the last minute. Just the walk to the car was enough for me to freeze. I sit Jack on his chair and rush to the drivers seat, starting the engine to turn the heater on. I hate this cold weather, I can't wait to go back to somewhere warm.

"Ready to go visit daddy?" I say to Jack in the rearview mirror. He doesn't talk yet, but he babbles sometimes, which is cute.

The drive was slow, I'm still learning how to drive in the snow almost-wet roads. Once I'm outisde of his place the gates open instantly, the guard doesn't even ask my name. I give him a wave and enter to his house, parking the car close to the entrance. 

I stay in the car for a few seconds, just enjoying the warm air inside of the car. I really hate cold. Have I mentioned it before?

Out of nowhere, someone taps my window, startling me. I move my head to find no one else but Niall with a big smile almost hitting the glass. 

"Open the door! I'm turning into ice!" He yells so I can listen. 

I laugh, turning off the engine and opening the door. I step out with my coat still on. 

"Good to see you, Niall." I say, grabbing the bags of presents from the backseat. 

"Good to see you as well." He goes and grabs the baby for me, helping me with the diaper bag. "Wow, he's more heavy now." 

"Yeah, he's my little chubby monkey." I say walking to the entrance. 

Even from outside the house smells amazing. When we step inside, the cinnamon aroma fills the place, a delicious smell. Gemma was already waiting for us inside. She almost jumped at me rounding me in a hug. 

"Hi!" I say, trying to hug her back but with all the bags in my hands is a bit difficult. 

"I'm so glad you came! You look gorgeous!" She holds me at arms lenght looking at my outfit. "I love your ugly reindeer sweater."

"Thank you, you look good as well." I look at her comfy outfit. She has a snowflakes knitted sweater. 

She goes straight to Niall, taking the baby from his hands. "Give him to me!" She looks at him in his arms with a kind smile. "He's so freaking cute. I want to eat him." 

"Please don't." Harry enters to the small receiver, smiling at his sister. "Hi buddy." He grabs Jack little hand with just two fingers and he shakes it.