Chapter 41

All my afternoon was spent setting up the christmas tree. We bought a lot of stuff for it, lightbulbs, ornaments, balls, santa claus miniatures, a star to put on the top. I have always loved christmas, is such a happy holiday. 

"Move it a little to the left." I say to Jake, who is carrying the tree.

"Here?" He pops his head on the side of the tree, his sweaty forehead telling me that he can't carry it any longer.

"Yup, perfect." I say, grabbing the box full of lights.

"Let's do this quick, I have to leave by five." He says taking the rope of lights.

"Okay, we got time." I say with a smile.

We have been living together for two months now, our bond as friends have grown stronger. He's been working as a model non-stop, he's doing very well. A lot of brands want him and today he has to travel for the first time to Milan. We are both really excited.

And me, I've been a full time mom. I made a new friend, Brooke, she works with Jake. It feels so good to finally have a friend here in London, even more after everything that happened with Harry. She keeps me distracted. We go out shopping, we hang out a lot, I like her. I haven't mentioned Harry to her, after all I signed a vow of silence, no one can know who's Jack's father is, even when he's not even around.

Since management drag us away from him, I had no other choice than to obey their rules and stay far away from him.  I was crazy mad at Harry for not doing absolutely nothing to stop them, I still am actually. He's a coward. I haven't heard of him in this entire time. I read on the newspaper that he's been out a lot in pubs and bars, that he's been drinking and been out of control, like if I care.

I'm not going to lie and say that I'm not sad, because I am. They didn't only separate my child from his father, but they separate him from me, the man I love. Or loved, I don't even know anymore. I haven't thought about him in a while.

"Sienna? Wake up. We are out of lights." Jake snaps his fingers on my face and I instantly react.

"Yeah, sorry. I got lost in my thoughts." I say, turning around and grabbing another box.

"I see." He chuckles, helping me with the box of ribbons.

After an hour of decorating the tree, its finally finished with the star on top and everything. We stand a few steps far away from it contemplating our creation. It looks beautiful, its very bright and colorful. I'm sure Jack its going to love it. 

We both start cleaning up the mess of boxes when suddenly his phone starts ringing.

"Oh, its the driver. The car is already here." He looks up at me and I give him a smile.

"What are you waiting? Go! You're gonna be late!" I stand up excitedly making him walk to the door.

"Are you sure you can clean all this mess by yourself?" He stands in the hall, looking at the livingroom.

"Yes, don't be silly." I grab his scarf and his hat and gave them to him. "Call us when you land in Milan."

"Will do." He says with a smile, putting his hat on. "Give Jack a kiss for me when he wakes up from his nap. Bye weirdo." He nudges my hair before grabbing his bag and opening the door.

"Bye!" I wave goodbye, holding the house door open as he walks to the car getting inside, waving goodbye as well.

Its weird to think I hated him. I first I thought he was the one that took Jack to management, but it wasn't like that. They forced him, he didn't have a choice. I'm glad we are in good terms now.