Chapter 27

My mind is full of thoughts. I need to try focus, to keep on going with my plan. I almost screwed it when we were alone in the nursery. I need to be smart, it's obvious he wants me but I need to use it in my advantage.

I try my best to keep myself calm, I needed to free my mind during the dinner but I guess that would not happen now that Harry himself is sitting next to me. Just before the dinner is served Jack falls asleep, I excuse myself and bring the carrier to lay him down.

"You can take him upstairs if you want." Harry whispers to me while I put the carrier near us.

"I prefer to have him here, thank you." I sit again, glancing at Harry and then returning to look at my plate.

It's not hard to fake being mad at him because somehow I am mad at him. He chose to keep us away for our 'safety', he chose to make me live with a stranger, a stranger that turned out to be a really good person, but still.

The dinner is quickly served and everyone starts eating, small talking here and there. I hear Jake talk with Gemma about some British talk show on TV I've never heard of. The food is really good, chicken stuffed with mushrooms and white sauce. Even when I try to concentrate in the food I still feel Harry's presence. I can feel the movement of his eyes.

"More wine, S?" Jake asks me while I'm playing with my empty glass.

I don't know when I drank this but I nod at anyway, wine helps you to relax, right?

"So, Sienna. I've heard you moved here recently. How do you like it so far?" A lady I believe is called Laura speaks to me.

"I arrived yesterday, actually." I smile at her. "London is great so far, pretty cold."

"Cold? I think it's quite bearable." She laughs, taking a bite of her food. "Where are you from?"

"I'm from Miami, very different." I giggle, taking my glass to my lips.

"That's why you think it's cold in here." She replies with a chuckle.

"A heat girl." Harry's raspy voice takes me by surprise.

I turn to look at him to find his smirk, green eyes looking at me while he bites his lip. I bet he was planning that joke for ages.

"I'm not into basketball." I glance at him with an annoyed look on my face.

"Leave her alone, Harry." Gemma says in front of me. After a pause she says to me. "So... You two?" She points at Harry and I.

"What?" Harry turns to her rosing an eyebrow.

Please don't bring what you saw up there. Please.

"How did you end up having a baby?" She asks and I almost spit my wine to her face. What kind of question is that?

"Gemma!" Anne half shouts from the other side of the table.

"What? I'm curious." She says defending herself.

I must be red as a cherry lollipop. I'm so embarrassed, I never thought someone would ask that question here.

"Well, you know when mamma kitty and pappa kitty love each other..." Harry starts saying and a few people in the table laugh.

"Harry!" Gemma shouts in a high pitched voice. "Not that!"

"Kids, cut it." Anne says with exhaustion in her voice and everyone laughs and soon after everything comes back to normal.

When I take my glass to take another sip I realize is empty again. I sure have drink it while I was trying to hide my embarrassment. Jake notices and brings the bottle to fill it one more time.