Chapter 21

It's been a week since the last time I saw Harry. He left that night without saying goodbye. The next morning when Tim came for us to take the blood tests he wasn't there. Tim told me he had to fly for an 'emergency' but I know he was lying to cover for Harry. I guess Harry isn't good confronting his fears. 

I've been down all week, not even Jack brings me up. I feel empty, like if I lost a part of me. The weird thing is that Harry was never mine, it was all in my imagination. I was so in love with the idea of forming a family with him that I forgot about the reality and when he placed me in the ground, it hit me. Hard. 

He called us this Wednesday but I didn't want to talk to him. I gave Molly my phone and I let him see Jack for a good fifteen minutes. I can't lie and say I'm not sad because I am, I'm so heartbroken. We didn't have to sign that contract, we should've discussed it or think about something else. But this was the easy way. 

And as a part of the contract, I had to quit my job. Management will 'pay me', if I can call it like that, to take care of Jack and keep an eye on him all the time. I mean, it was already my job to take care of him, they just don't want him to be on a daycare or with strangers around. Funny because, we will be around a stranger really soon.

The blood tests came on Friday proving what was already true, Harry is indeed the father of Jack. And... Last but not least, they told me a member of Modest was flying to Miami today to introduce me to my new companion. I've been told his name is Jacob but I haven't even seen a picture of him. 

Like, if I care. 

I hate this situation. I don't want to pretend to be with someone I'm not. And even worse, to pretend that he is the father of Jack. This is such a scam. But there's no turning back. I have to suck it up, this is for the best, I hope. 

I need to be at the hotel in about fifteen minutes with Jack, I guess this mistery guy will be there and we will discuss more unfinished business with the contract. I feel like a puppet, being controled by a mean company. And the worst thing is, I can't do anything to stop them. 

"Call me if something wrong happens, I'm ready to kick some Tim's ass." Molly says standing by my door frame. I told her everything about last weekend, she was fuming with the news. 

"Don't worry, if I have the opportunity I will do it myself." I put Jack in the kangaroo securing the belts around his body. 

"You go, bad girl. Be safe and smart, okay?" She comes closer giving Jack a kiss. 

"Always." I wink at her leaving the apartment. 

I drive safely to the hotel putting Jack inside of the kangaroo once we arrived. I always hated the kangaroos in other women but I have to say it's so comfy to have him hanging on my chest instead of holding him in my arms. 

Once I'm inside I give my name to the reception guy and just as Tim told me the boy gave me a card key and a room number to go to. I take a deep breath before getting inside of the elevator. 

I can't believe I'm doing this. This is so unfair. 

Why can't Harry pretend to be with someone else instead? Why it has to be me? 

I reach the fifth floor and walk towards the number the boy gave me. I'm really nervous. What if I don't like the new boy? Or if he's a douche with me? Or even worse... What if he treats Jack bad? I will fucking kill him. 

Okay Sienna, don't be paranoid. If they hire him I'm sure he has to be good with babies. I hate to admit it, but they (management) aren't stupid. 

I knock on the door even though I have a card key. I don't want to just come inside a room that's not mine. After a second Tim opens the door with the same hypocrite smile I know.