Chapter 10

"See! Told you it'd be over quickly," Gloria said just as she walked back into Dr. Bee's office who was pouting to himself while glaring out his window.

Mason was set down on the desk and stared ahead of him, seemingly frozen where he stood. His black fur was glossy and soft, it'd been trimmed and brushed, and Mason could even feel how clean his teeth were compared to before.

"Did you pamper him?" Dr. Bee asked, done with his pouting and was now eyeing Mason with his blank expression.

"He was pretty dirty and his fur was very knotted and sticky. You should have seen the water when I started rinsing him and that was even after you put him in that bath," Gloria said, reaching over and actually moved an askew hair from Mason's brow who looked as still as a doll.

"And then you decided to give him a makeover? That's kind of... does he smell like lavender?" Dr. Bee asked, sniffing around Mason though the stench of rouge was still rather thick on the pup.

"I had time to spare before I have to go and help Dr. June with Mrs. Calloway's birthing. He was very good for me," Gloria said and gently scratched behind Mason's ear who practically jumped and suddenly scrambled toward the edge of the desk at Dr. Bee. Sadly, the desk surface was also fairly hard and slippery for Mason's paws so he over compensated the distance and slid off the edge into Dr. Bee's quick moving hands that barely caught him before Mason had fallen between his legs toward the ground. "Watch him," Gloria ordered before leaving the room in a hurry suddenly, probably called through the pack link, leaving the two werewolf men by themselves.

"I'm so sorry. She probably even manicured your nails," Dr. Bee and Ajax chuckled to himself when Mason looked up at him with a wobbly bottom lip. "I was joking. Did she actually?"

Dr. Bee got to work after that and started measuring Mason, taking notes about him even as he ate like how he was absolutely revolted by peas, and even testing Mason's intelligence in his wolf form. It wasn't long before Ajax and Milly were back to pick him up, Milly very satisfied with the meal she had received, to find Mason fast asleep in the breast pocket of Dr. Bee who was filling out some paper work while Mason snoozed quietly.

"Did you have fun today," Milly coed and quickly seized her chance to take Mason into her arms while Ajax was busy carrying a bag of food and other given to him by Gloria's sister when they'd gone by the front desk. Ajax growled but forced himself to calm as Milly gave him a hard stare over her shoulder. "He's tiny and asleep. What are you so threatened by?" Milly snapped as Mason rested on her chest peacefully.

"It's not exactly something I can control, hun," Ajax ground out and settled for glaring at Mason while Milly rolled her eyes and choose to ignore him.

"How was he while we were gone?" Milly asked when she giggled to herself suddenly. "We sound like his parents picking him up from daycare," Milly giggled to herself, Ajax suppressing a long sigh.

"First off, hates baths like the world is ending," Dr. Bee blurting out suddenly, staring hard at the two of them to get his point across.

"Was that him we were hearing from Carrie's Diner all the way across town? I thought someone was torturing the poor soul and was thinking of asking Beta Michael to investigate until it stopped," Ajax muttered, eyeing Mason as if he could t believe the sound could come from something so small.

"He's been washed, fur has been cut and brushed, teeth brushed, and trimmed claws thanks to nurse Gloria. Also smells like lavender," Dr. Bee went on as he flipped through his clipboard where he'd written his notes.

"That's the smell I've been smelling! Oh my goodness, that has been bugging me since we entered this room," Milly suddenly exclaimed, sniffing at Mason's back who grunted in his sleep with one back paw kicking out three times before settling.